“Hidden Gem”

Ranked #8 of 85 Restaurants in Dahlonega
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Food culture is very important to the kitchen at Le Vigne Restaurant, more specifically, local food culture. We believe that food and the sharing of food builds community, especially if the food and wine that is shared is rooted within the community.That is why we not only produce wine that is grown in our own back yard, but we also grow a lot of our vegetables on the property. What we don’t produce ourselves, we strive to find within or nearby our community. We want to be able to provide our customers with local, sustainable foods as well as provide the local artisans and farmers with an outlet for their hard work. At the beautiful Le Vigne Restaurant, situated high above the vineyards, guests will discover a dedication to honoring the flavors of our region throughout each of the four seasons in a menu that changes regularly to reflect the best of what is available.
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We visited Le Vigne for a father's day. The restaurant overlooks the vineyard with beautiful views of the rolling hills and vineyards. We sat inside by the full length windows. There's also outdoor seating which we look forward to trying next visit. We found service to be attentive and honest. When she didn't have a solid answer on an ingredient she went for confirmation from the kitchen. Everything our group tried was great. The pork meatballs with polenta was amazing. The scallops on quinoa and the Steak and eggs were quite good as well. I was most impressed with the wines. I tried the wine flight option and was quite pleased. Most are blends but but very well done and enjoyable.

1  Thank M_J_explorers

Reviewed June 12, 2014

I used a travelzoo deal to explore this winery and it was a great experience. The guides were knowledgable and shared great info during the hike. After the tasting, I bought two bottles of wine I loved the most. Purchased small plates which I feel were reasonably priced and I'm a frugal person. The cheese was excellent! A Great nearby escape that my gps easily helped me navigate to. Be prompt because the hike does start on time.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

The Travelzoo offer of $ 55. for two is an amazing deal! If you haven't visited before it's a great way to "taste" Montaluce, property and wines. Great way to spend a Sunday! The two tour guides were informative about local history and wine making and cheerfully led us on a nice walk thru woods, along the Etowah river and among the vineyards. Capped off by a generous tasting and good eats.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

I visited Montaluce about a year ago for a wine hike which I loved. We enjoyed the hike, the snacks and the heavy pours. The dessert wine was my favorite. I rated it 4 stars on Tripadvisor and couldn't wait to return.

This time, we signed up for the Estate Tour and Tastings. What a disappointment! Even with the Travelzoo special it was overpriced. It started out great with a tasty glass of honey wine. We headed outside while the guide talked for about 30 minutes but it was February so we were freezing. Realizing we were all shivering, he took us inside to a room which overlooked the barrels and wine making equipment. We never actually toured the facility. Instead, we stood in that room for at least an hour and a half while he lectured about the biological properties of wine making. I can't imagine anyone enjoying it unless they were starting a winery or already drunk before they arrived.

Finally, we were taken upstairs for our tasting. The wines weren't good and the glasses were smaller than the ones provided for the wine hike. The pours were pretty stingy too. We didn't enjoy the meats or cheeses and the whole ordeal was a bit snooty. I'm no wine connoisseur but my goal is always to have a good time and to enjoy great wine. We did neither.

I'd recommend any of the other wineries in the area over Montaluce but Cavender Creek is my favorite. It's informal and friendly, they have live music, the wines are cheaper and delicious, made of muscadines. We will not be returning to Montaluce.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

A true gem tucked away in the rolling hills of Dahlonega! Located in the Montaluce winery, it's wonderful place for lunch or dinner. I like to do a tasting with the winery, then have lunch or dinner. They do offer flights of white or red at the restaurant so you don't have to do the tasting separately. The food is not only delicious, but beautifully presented. I like modern twists on classic foods. I recently had the chicken breast (w/the skin seared to a perfect brown) with mousse mashed potatoes. The accompaniments were perfect to round out flavor, texture & ascetics. My husband had fall-off-the-bone short ribs which were fabulous. We tried two desserts: the banana pudding mousse, which was delectable and honey ice cream which was good but can remember what came with it. Took my wine and we sat out on the humungous balcony that has beautiful outdoor furniture and looked out over the grape vines. Just a lovely afternoon, wonderful food, and o.k. wine. (I mentioned in my review of the winery that I don't care for their wines too much. They are mediocre to me - like Chateau Elan's wines if you have been there...they taste undeveloped. They do have an interesting sparkling mead which is o.k.) But go here for the delicious food and the ambiance! I don't think you will be disappointed. :)

1  Thank redatl

Been to Le Vigne Ristorante? Share your experiences!