“This is how hotels should be!”
Review of Park Place Hotel

Park Place Hotel
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Dahlonega
NJ
“This is how hotels should be!”
Reviewed July 5, 2009

Hotel chains sit up and take notice! The Park Place Hotel is family owned and was the nicest hotel I stayed at on my vacation!

Each room is in the suite concept. You have a separate living space with a couch, chair, flat screen TV and a mini fridge with complimentary water.

The owner was very helpful and informative. He discussed restaurants, shopping, and sightseeing with us.

The next time I'm in Dahlonega, I know where I'll be staying!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
New Jersey
Reviewed July 4, 2009

My husband and I stayed at Park Place Hotel in late June for one night with plans to visit the gold mines the next day. We found the hotel on Tripadvisor with great reviews and this hotel lived up to those reviews and more. We did not make a reservation, but the owner was more than happy to show us 3 rooms and the different prices. All rooms were different, but equally clean and immaculate. 2 flat screen TVs in each unit, luxury linens, nice furnishings, super clean. AAA is accepted here and will get you a 5% discount. We had like a mini apartment and enjoyed our stay so much. If you plan to stay in Dahlonega, try this place. You will not be disappointed.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 29, 2009

We spent the first two nights of our vacation at this hotel. It was spotless and the pictures really do not do the place justice. Our room, the Magnolia, was perfect and most importantly after a nine hour flight and a stressful rush-hour drive from Atlanta airport, the bed was one of the most comfortable we've ever slept on! The only thing we struggled to get used to was just how laid back everything was, which made checking in and out a bit difficult with no-one around! But we managed to resolve the problem with the help of some friendly locals and it certainly didn't spoil our stay. The location couldn't be better - only a short walk from the square and restaurants and a short drive to a beautiful waterfall, gold mines and a great outlet mall (a definite bonus for UK travellers!). I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

Atlanta, GA
Reviewed May 21, 2009

My son's wedding was in Dahlonega, GA and I needed a place for my whole family to stay for the weekend. My husband and I drove to Dahlonega from Atlanta to scout locations. While we found some cheaper chain hotels, they were not what we had in mind for our family. We ran across Park Place Hotel while we were walking around the charming town square. We were absolutely delighted with what we found. Not only were the rooms incredible and unexpected after what we had seen at the chain hotels, the owner was amazing! He took us on a tour of the rooms and we couldn't believe what a gem we had found. The 13 rooms were all recently renovated and were as nice as some 4 star hotels I have been in. The owner was more than accommodating - he helped me move my family around several times after he received my initial room list. He worked tirelessly during the wedding weekend to make sure my family had everything they needed. He even got on the phone with my Mother to get her to the hotel when she became lost. He also recommended a location for our After Rehearsal Dinner that was phenomenal. After all his help with our planning, we felt as if he were a member of our family when we left. I cannot say enought good things about Park Place Hotel! If you are planning a visit to Dahlonega - this is THE place to stay!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed May 4, 2009

Elegant rooms and friendly, helpful staff made for a most enjoyable weekend getaway to Dahlonega and the North Georgia winery area. Very comfortable and luxurious bedding and amenities added just the right touch!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
georgia
Reviewed May 3, 2009

We picked this hotel as a result of reviews on Trip Advisor, and want to add our
enthusiastic praise. Our suite (each one is different) was beautifully appointed,
the whirlpool tub was GREAT, our check-in and orientation was smooth and friendly.
The bed was very comfortable, and the linens were luxurious. Everything was first class. The dinner recommendation was also wonderful.
We heartily recommend the Park Place; it is also the most convenient lodging property on the square.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
Reviewed April 19, 2009

This is the second time I've stayed in this hotel for business during the Bear on the Square Festival. The owners of the hotel are very personable, and willing to go the extra mile to make any accomodations needed. Rooms are spotless, interior design is very modern and up to date. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dahlonega
Forrest Hills Mountain Resort and Conference Center
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#2 of 4 in Dawsonville
Holiday Inn Express Dahlonega

Been to Park Place Hotel? Share your experiences!