“Luxurious and Romantic”
Review of Park Place Hotel

Park Place Hotel
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Dahlonega
Reviewed December 6, 2008

My wife and I drove up from Atlanta for a long weekend in Dahlonega. After looking on Park Place's website we decided to try the St John's "honeymoon" suite, because of the jacuzzi tub. We arrived Thursday afternoon and were shown to our room by the hotel owner. Our suite was beautifuly decorated with anitque furniture including a massive king sized bed that was so comfortable...my wife loved it . The jacuzzi tub and gas fireplace added to the romance and the huge tiled shower was big enough for both of us! There was also a big plasma tv which was a huge plus because we watched the UGA game on it.
After relaxing in our room and drinking the bottle of complimentary wine we went down to ask the owner how to get to some of the local wineries. He was a really nice guy, he printed out the directions for us so we wouldn't get lost and he told us the best restaurants to go to in Dahlonega. We had a great time in Dahlonega just walking around the Square going to the different shops. It was a wonderful long weekend and we couldn't have been happier with Park Place. If you want to stay in a luxurious, beautifuly decorated room definitely stay here.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RenOnWent
There are newer reviews for Park Place Hotel

Reviewed December 2, 2008

We stayed here for a family wedding. They booked the whole place. The rooms were lovely as others described, and the location was great: just off the main square. But it really is more like a motel without any amenities which we didn't understand until we were there.

There is no elevator to get your baggage upstairs. There are a few hallways connecting just a few rooms, but that's the only space inside besides your room. There is no restaurant, no lobby, or any other place to congregate. We were there in November so hanging out in the courtyard was not an option. The rooms were so separate that we didn't even know who else attending the wedding was staying at our hotel. For a group attending a wedding, I would have much preferred an inn or B&B with common space to hang out with other family and friends.

Surprisingly, hotel did not provide any info about hotel or town. I had to call twice to get info for connecting to the internet. No info
about town or restaurants either. I'm used to a package of information left in room about the hotel, restaurants, and things to do in town. No one in office most of the hours we were there. You have to call another number, but that number is only on office door, not left in your room.

When you leave, you don't even have to talk to a human. So after we checked in, we could have never seen or talked to anyone else, ever again. Website says "late checkouts are a standard" but they would only allow us one extra hour in just one of our rooms. Rooms all have lovely names on website, but seem a little different when they just have a number on the door and standard motel key.

I thought we were staying at something like an inn, but instead it felt like a fancy motel. If you're just looking for a really nice room, you probably won't be disappointed like I was. But don't expect much more than a nice room.

• Stayed: November 2008
Reviewed October 6, 2008

We recently were married in Dahlonega, GA. I sent my family and my wedding party to stay at the Park Place hotel for the weekend. Everyone loved it! The exterior doesn't do the interior justice... all the rooms are different and very tastefully decorated...they are so well done and spacious. The hotel is family run and it really shows... they are so friendly and make you feel right at home... they even gave us a bottle of wine at check in! The hotel is right on the square which makes it more convenient than the chain hotels up the street (which by the way were less than friendly to some of my guests that stayed there...) Overall, Park Place was the best choice and I would recommend it to anyone staying in Dahlonega.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed October 2, 2008

We rented the whole hotel for the weekend of my brother's wedding and it was wonderful. The rooms are fantastic, the owners were wonderful, and you can't beat the location. The wedding was at a local winery and was very convenient to the hotel. It was also great to be able to walk to restaurants on the square and to the Smith House where we had the rehearsal dinner. The patio out front is a great place to hang out. We loved it!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2008

I booked the hotel in its entirety for my weekend wedding in August, and could not have been more pleased.
The rooms were gorgeous, each one with its own personal flair and attitude. Equipped with all the modern conveniences, while including antique furnishings and gorgeous fixtures,Heavenly pillowtop beds, waterfall basin sinks, walk-in tile showers, Flat screen tv's and more i'm not thinking of i'm sure. All of this was seconds from the town square(which has tons of shopping, antiques and restaurants) and right next door to the information center for the town!
The Staff was courteous and friendly, they included a free bottle of wine and bottled water with each room. Anything I needed they were there to help within minutes.
Afternoons and evenings at the hotel were spent with my family lounging in the comfortable courtyard in front of the hotel people-watching, chatting, and playing cards.
Theres really nothing more to say other than it was perfect for me and my family and I would recommend it to anyone! :)

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dahlonega
Forrest Hills Mountain Resort and Conference Center
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Helen
Hampton Inn Helen
Hampton Inn Helen
#3 of 19 in Helen

Been to Park Place Hotel? Share your experiences!