“discount for cash payment”
Review of Gasthaus Le Cafe

Gasthaus Le Cafe
Ranked #63 of 266 Restaurants in Cumming
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Meadow Drive
Description: The Gasthaus Restaurant is located in Cumming Georgia and serves authentic German and European cuisine. Owner and Chef Reinhold Weger invites you to our cozy restaurant to enjoy a wonderful meal or to relax in the Bier Garden with one of our German draft beers.
Orlando, Florida
“discount for cash payment”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I will start with a something I thought was nice. They give you a cash discount. I was not ready for it so I did not have to much cash on me. So I wanted to let you know.
The food was very good. I had the Grilled Chicken Waldorf Salad. I order the honey mustard dressing on the side. Knowing the German love for hot mustard, I thought it might be hotter than I would like. It was but the salad was so good I ate it without dressing. I was going to ask for another dressing but the chicken was done to perfection and the salad did not need dressing. I thought it a little odd when the ice tea came. The waiter said they put Cloves in the Ice tea. I was not a big fan of it.
The apple strudel was packed with apples and very good. This would have been a 5 if the waiter would have told me about the ice tea. I think if you put a strange twist on Ice tea in the south you should tell the customer when they order. That is my only knock. The food was great.

• Visited February 2013

Atlanta
“Gasthaus is very good and extreemly friendly”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I love German Food and It is hard to find here in Georgia. Gashause is very good. Their chef is from Austria and does a nice job. I had Sauerbratten, Red Cabbage and German Potatoe Salad, All was home made. Deserts are very good also. Give this cute place a try. Sit near the fireplace. It is a treat.

• Visited January 2013
Cumming, GA
“Wow”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Fantastic! We have lived in Cumming for 7 years and really messed up by not going here before...THe place is more like a small house then a restaurant but man is it good...The food's portions are fantastic and its really, really good....The beer selection on tap is spot on and the mugs/cups match your appropriate beer.....We went for an anniversary dinner and it was spot on..The server's name was Martin and he was dead on...The food and atmosphere were very authentic and I'm just sad we did not try this place before...Don't make our mistake, try it!!

• Visited December 2012
Cumming, Ga
“Great German food in relaxed atmosphere.”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

The German sausages, potato pancakes, cabbage, and pork schnitzel are the best dishes. I'm not a beer fan, but they seem to have a good selection. There is a biergarten out back for warm evenings. The salads are good, too, with tasty dressings. An old converted house with white cloths on the tables. Nice for a change and a little pricey but not too.

Visited September 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Authentic German Restaurant”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

You'll quickly fall-in-step and in love with German tradition from the moment you walk in the door of Gasthaus Le Cafe. Each visit, we feel at home. The staff welcomes you into this cozy, authentic German restaurant along with fantastic servers, incredible and filling food. Our compliments go to the unwavering skill of the chef along with the servers who complete our experience. Gasthaus Le Café is filled with generations of tradition and skill. Our family believes this place is second-to-none. We can't wait to go back.

• Visited September 2012