“Overpriced for the quality received”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Cumming
Rockport, Texas
“Overpriced for the quality received”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2010

Although the check-in staff were pleasant, the guy the next morning reminded me of the Soup Nazi. When checking in, I had to ask for a second room as the first one smelled of cigarette smoke (even though this is a nonsmoking facility). It had been a long day and I didn't get to sleep until very late, hoping to sleep in the next morning. Wrong - barking dog at 7:00 am. Don't get me wrong, my dog travels with me, but he does not bark. I pay the extra fee to bring him along, but hope that allows me at least equal privileges with other guests. Although I understand hotels' dilemmas regarding pets, being relegated to a "pet-friendly section" sometimes lends itself to a less than superior experience.

In addition to the barking dog, there were repeated entries/exits to/from the rooms across the hall from me, each time letting it slam onto the latch which had been closed so the door would not lock. Since it was happening in two rooms, I assume it was hotel personnel coming and going from the rooms.

Additionally, the printer in the lobby did not work well. I've stayed in much less expensive places for a better quality of rest.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
harrypr, Owner at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, January 20, 2011
Thank you for comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We have no record of this issue being brought to our attention so we have had a hard time in validating this comment or being able to present a valid response. Your reference to Soup Nazi does not have any relevance in a guest comment forum and the desk clerk in question has worked with us for the past five years and he has had several postive guest comments. We are in business to serve our guests and we take proactive steps when our guests let us know of their concerns. We receive daily compliments on our hotel, according to our Choice Brand Medallia scores, however some use Tripadvisor to post negative comments that we cannot validate and some customers normally do not share their postive experiences on Tripadvisor . We have issue Tripadvisor business cards to our guests upon check out to help promote our concern to address our guest''s feedback

You state that you are dog owner so I am sure you can sympathize with your fellow dog owners over the fact that they are prone to barking

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2010

I usually stay at the Holiday Inn Express but for some reason I ended up at the Comfort Suites. I visit Northside Hospital on a regular basis for business and I will definitely stay at the Comfort Suites next time I come to town. Everyone was pleasant, the hotel was nice and quiet and I got a great nights sleep.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2010

I would not recommend this hotel to a dog.. The rooms were very nasty hair all in the bed ants coming out of the ac and bathroom if you like to be nasty then this is the place for you.. The front desk are jerks..

• Stayed September 2010
harrypr, Owner at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, June 28, 2010
While we appreciate you posting your comments on our hotel and staff, we have no record of you reporting your complaint with the manager, thereby giving us the opportunity to fix it prior to your departure. Had that been the case , I am sure we would have resolved your complaint in a satisfactory manner. We take all comments seriously and are sorry that your concerns were not addressed. Feel free to contact me at the hotel directly if you need any additional information
mpount dora
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2007

Manager (rude) charged my acct. $225.00 in addition to my bill = $196.00 and refused to refund my acct. I am still attempting to collect through customer service.

• Liked — close to highway
  • Disliked — manager disrespectful,
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank peep10
harrypr, owner at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, December 4, 2009
we have investigated your situation and we refunded the credit crd that was billed in eror

we apologize for any confusion over your stay and the delay in nott getting this resolved sooner
New Castle, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2007

This hotel was great. We stay at hotels about 50 days a years and I would suggest to anyone who wants a nice room and friendly staff to stay here. The breakfast they serve is great. This hotel is not a 100% smoke free hotel and that is a great and wonderful idea. The room decor is just wonderful the bedding in just the right color and the linen for the bathroom is so soft and clean. I have stayed at some of the other hotels in this town and I would have to say that Comfort Suites is the best.

• Liked — the friendly staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
harrypr, owner at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, December 4, 2009
we appreciate you using a feedback tool such as tripadvisor to express your concerns with our hotel

please be assured that we have new management in place to address these issues

A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2005

Beware - this hotel made several unauthorized charges to our families credit cards and debit cards.
One included a charge on a debit card for over 700.00 - We only stayed at the hotel for 3 nights @ 79.99 each.
Each family paid for their rooms with cash.
Upon arriving home - everyone noticed that Comfort Suites, Cumming, GA was running charges through cards left and right.

**Other than this - Everything worked out ok - and the hotel is fairly decent, just BEWARE of the front desk clerks and what they may do with the information you give them***

• Stayed July 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
while this was back in 2005, we hve subsequently renovated the hotel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cumming
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cumming Georgia
WoodSpring Suites Atlanta Alpharetta
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#2 of 4 in Dawsonville

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!