“Two for $20 - Wife and I enjoyed it and what we pick has been good”
Review of Applebee's

Ranked #157 of 276 Restaurants in Cumming
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Two for $20 - Wife and I enjoyed it and what we pick has been good

We go monthly and have never had a problem with the food and service

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Applebees is always good value, quick service, never a bad experience. With all such chains, if you like the food in one, you'll like all of them!

Reviewed August 24, 2012

They're all seem to me about the same - and this one no different than the rest. Food tastes too much like typical bar food for me.

Reviewed January 6, 2012

A friend and I usually stop off at this Applebee's late on a Tuesday evening after a chorus rehearsal (usually around 11:15 p.m.) and take advantage of their "appetizer" specials. They are usually not too busy or loud. The service is usually speedy & we're in/out of there rather quickly. The food is consistently good, with a few exceptions. It's a no hassle place to stop off if you're hungry or want a cocktail late in the evening.

1  Thank luvtotravel1965
Reviewed September 24, 2011

My wife and I will often stop at Applebee's in Cumming, GA on our way home from work on a Friday evening. It gives us an opportunity to talk about our week, in a relaxed atmosphere, with none of the interruptions we would engage at home. (Computers, TV, etc.)

The hostess always accommodates our request to sit further away from the bar so that we can converse quietly. Even though they might be ready to "close" that serving area for the evening, they never deny our request to sit there.

There are only a handful of servers that we can honestly say we "recognize" because of the rapid turnover in staff. That's pretty typical in this business, everywhere. However, we have never had a server that was anything less than pleasant and efficient. And even though we recognize a server's desire to "turn a table" so as to seat more diners (i.e. more tips)we never feel as though we're being rushed to pay our tab. We also take that into consideration when we write in our tip, adding a little more than 20% to compensate for the amount of time we spent chatting after our food was consumed.

The menu offers complete dinners as well as lighter fare, like sandwiches. That is very helpful for us because sometimes we had a late lunch earlier in the day and are not always in need of a complete dinner. I like having the choice. And there is plenty to choose from.

I've had all manner of dishes here and have never been disappointed. There are times where I'll ask the server to ask the chef to hold back a little on something that might ordinarily be too spicy for me, and my request is always met.

Their bar prices are not that high, which is typically where a restaurant makes a pretty good marginal profit. This actually serves as an incentive for both my wife and I to have a drink or two without killing our budget. I had a draft beer (Sam Adams) for $3, and my wife had some kind of spiked lemonade for $3. So I say, why not...since their Sweet Tea is $2.75...go for it.

We are repeat customers. In spite of the fact that "chain" restaurants are often criticized by the more Epicurean palates, we think this Applebee's does a pretty good job.

I would ask that the bar prices be listed in their menus (just like food prices) so you can determine ahead of time whether or not you can afford to drink, or afford to have a second drink. This is a problem at almost ALL restaurants, however. I would also ask that servers that run outside to catch a smoke, please move AWAY from the front door of the restaurant.

1  Thank PeabodyandSherman

Been to Applebee's? Share your experiences!