“Great service with Even Better Food”

Rio Balsas Taqueria
Ranked #41 of 275 Restaurants in Cumming
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I visited this restaurant after reading all the wonderful reviews. I wasn't disappointed. The server was very friendly and helpful with his suggestions. The chicken tacos , chips and salsa were
outstanding. I'll be back!

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Not a pretty place to look at but the food and service is very good. I moved to GA from out west and have not found much Mexican food that I've like. I'll definitely be going back to this one.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I had chips, salsa, and queso, a fried shrimp appetizer and vegetarian sopas. It was all delicious. They brought the shrimp out for free when I said I had never been there before. The restaurant itself is basically a typical Mexican place, maybe a little more run down than most. But the food makes up for it. I would advise asking specifically what is on items if you are a picky eater or don't like specific ingredients, the menu was a little vague.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

Based on recommendations from a friend, and the reviews on Trip Advisor, we decided to give Rio Balsas a try on TWO occasions-- and both were excellent to very good.

My wife had chicken taquitos, grilled once and with sauce once-- both "very good." On both occasions I ordered the talapia (fried) fish tacos-- "excellent."

Our server was sweet, worked hard to keep us happy and attentive. The food itself was NOT your typical Tex-Mex. Our meals were more flavorful in the use of sauces and marinades. Not your usual "brown sauce and cheese".

When you walk into the restaurant, turn right, then right again into the "hidden" room that faces the street. Quieter, less TV noise.

All in all, an "Excellent" to "Very good." HOWEVER... my wife said that Rio Balsas was "Very good to excellent", she still prefers El Rio's Texas Fajita Nachos-- grilled chicken, steak and shrimp served on a plate of nachos with cheese on top. And I would have to echo that while I found Rio Balsas to be an excellent restaurant, I'm not planning on giving up my trips to El Rio any time soon.

Enjoy!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

We were headed home from church a couple of months ago and decided to give this place a try and boy were we glad we did!! Our family loves everything we've tried here and we've tried about half the menu at this point! I don't think we'll ever be able to eat average Mexican food again! Try it!! You won't be disappointed!!

2  Thank Lynsi W