“New family favorite”

Ranked #30 of 266 Restaurants in Cumming
Cuisines: Mexican
“New family favorite”
Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

We were headed home from church a couple of months ago and decided to give this place a try and boy were we glad we did!! Our family loves everything we've tried here and we've tried about half the menu at this point! I don't think we'll ever be able to eat average Mexican food again! Try it!! You won't be disappointed!!

2 Thank Lynsi W

Cumming, Georgia, United States
“Bait & switch”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I called tonight to order some enchiladas. I was told on the phone that I could get them for $1.75. I know she got the information from someone in the back. By the time I got there they went up to $2.25 each. I asked the girl if she would honor the prices. She could not. I asked the manager on duty and he would not. I did tell them that I would report them on tripadvisor and he said go ahead. Poor service does not fare well even if the food is good. I did get my enchiladas elsewhere for $2.25. It was the principle.

Lake Lanier, GA
“Believe the reviews-great!!”
Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

We stopped in for lunch after reading all the great reviews, my first time. Not your typical "Mexican", fresh and authentic with homemade dishes and salsas (try the tomatillo one!!). We both had steak tacos and the cheese dip. Everything was very tasty, service was great. Very friendly place that doesn't look like much from the street. I'm really looking forward to going back to try some other dishes. There have been a good many places in this location, but give this one a try. A little more expensive than some other local "Mexican" joints but the freshness and homemade dishes really are a cut above.

1 Thank JanetMegan
Cumming, Georgia, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So glad we finally stopped!”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

My fiance and I have been driving by this place for months, but just never stopped. We finally did the other day and had one of the best Mexican meals we have ever had. Our server was on the ball as well as friendly and the food was fresh and wonderful. Since our first visit we have already been back once and plan on making this restaurant a regular "go to" place.

Cumming, Georgia
“Hidden gem big on flavor”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

You truly can't judge a book by its cover. The exterior of Rio Balsas is less than inviting and we never would have tried it without a friend's recommendation. What a lovely surprise awaits within this little taqueria off the beaten path. The chips and salsa are homemade daily. The chips are thin, crispy and melt in your mouth. The shrimp appetizer is worth many a return trip, as is the queso dip with a nice spicy mound of chopped jalapenos on top. The wait staff is friendly and attentive. Looking forward to trying more entrees!