“Great Place to Stay”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Cumming
Caro, MI, United States
“Great Place to Stay”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

The staff is very pleasant and helpful, the room was clean, comfortable and up to date. There were many choices for breakfast including omelets, fresh fruit and various cereals. I will stay there again when in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Freddy B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cumming, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear William B.,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay at our hotel. I am please to learn you enjoyed our staff and the complimentary breakfast buffet. Please visit us again if in the area and lets us know if we can assist you in any future travel plans.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Conyers, Georgia
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I really appreciate the extraordinary service the staff at this property gave me. Stephen G helped me with technical assistance, which meant a lot. Zach ensured that my 6 am wake up call came to my room every day. Natalia greeted me with a smile every morning during breakfast. Jennifer went out of her way to get me to AutoZone so that I could get a fuse for my car. Blake went above and beyond to retrieve a few of my personal items from the dumpster. Sandy, Dustee, and Tracy kept my room in order during my visit. Kris and DJ made me laugh in the evenings. Then there was Ronnie, he made copies for me which I needed for work. I can't say enough good things about the staff at this property. I strongly recommend this property for anyone visiting this town. This was my first time in Cumming, and they really made me feel welcome.
:o)

Room Tip: get a room facing the woods (its nice and quiet)
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Freddy B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cumming, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Greetings Beatrica,

It looks as if you had a positive connection with many of our Associates during your recent visit in Cumming. I am so pleased that you were able to enjoy the different "Hamptonalities” we have here. Thank you very much for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor and for naming the staff members personally. This will allow me the opportunity to let them know, individually, how much of an impact they had on the enjoyment of your stay. We appreciate you choosing our hotel and hope you will return to see us again when in our area. We wish you a very Joyous Holiday Season and we all thank you for your kindness.
Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at quite a few Hampton's, but this one was by far the quietest! Especially for a third floor room right by the elevator. Between the super clean room and not having to hear noise from other guests, this made for a restful night. However, because I slept so well, I didn't make it down to breakfast until 20 minutes before it was to end. At that time, efforts were already underway to clean it up and put it all away. I was very disappointed with what was left. My son didn't even have any orange juice to drink. I ended up taking him to the Waffle House that was conveniently located across the parking lot. If you are unfamiliar with the area and arriving in the dark, the intersection where the hotel is located can be difficult to navigate. I made this particular reservation with points, so I cannot attest to price.

• Stayed December 2013
Freddy B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cumming, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you for your very kind review. I am so delighted you slept well. We went above and beyond standards when we replaced our bedding during our recently completed renovations. I am happy to know it was worth it. We serve our complimentary full hot breakfast buffet daily between 6am-10am. Breakdown of the buffet is scheduled no sooner than 10:05 if no one is present in the breakfast area. We will generally leave it up until 10:15 if we have some last minute guests and normally invite them to re-visit the buffet prior to any break down. I urge you to contact me personally if what you experienced differs from our normal procedures above. My wish is for everyone to sleep well and depart well rested, happy and pleasantly stuffed, especially since the Holidays are upon us. Thank you for your time and we wish you a very safe & festive season.
Hampton, VA, United States
Reviewed November 27, 2013

From the front desk greeting (friendly, genuine, and helpful), the comfort of the room (clean, comfortable, and welcoming), to the considerate airport shuttle driver (professional, helpful, and kind) - the stay was great. I enjoy staying here when I fly out of Atlanta.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Freddy B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cumming, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
I am very proud to know you found our staff friendly, genuine, and helpful and your room clean, comfortable, and welcoming. That is our goal for all guests and I am happy we were successful. I appreciate you taking the time to let us and others know about your experience at the Hampton Inn Cumming. We wish you a safe and joyous Holiday Season, and trust you will visit us again in the future.
Elgin, IL, United States
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I've stayed at several Hampton Hotels on business and pleasure. I choose this hotel based on the location. The rooms are clean and the service is okay. This hotel is nice but, plan on spending some money per night.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Ricardo C
Freddy B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cumming, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor. I am happy you found our hotel clean and our service okay. I hope you will visit us again if in the area and I invite you to call me personally if I can assist in making your stay more enjoyable. If your travels are flexible, I will be happy to recommend some alternate dates of low demand and extend one of the many promotional or discounted rates available since our location is desirable for you. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts and for choosing Hampton Inn \ Cumming. Happy Holidays.
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Our hotel stay was tops - from the minute we arrived until we checked out. Check in was welcoming, painless and they read my room preferences. Not to mention the hot choocolate chip cookies that Chris said he baked himself :) We were acknowledged each time we went through the lobby, which is comforting that the employees notice their guests. Everyone was so friendly and helpful.
Our room was clean and quiet; the beds slept amazingly and the shower had the perfect water pressure with temperature.
Breakfast was good, the area was spotless and well maintained. Nothing ran out and the attendant even helped us with the waffles to make sure they were done perfect.
On our next trip to Dawsonville we will definitely stay here!!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the woods are so quiet!!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Freddy B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cumming, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor. We enjoying knowing what our guests like and the warm chocolate chip cookies are always a big favorite. We actually do bake them ourselves everyday and Chirs somehow always bakes them to perfection. I am glad you enjoyed our new beds, the water pressure and breakfast but i am most honored that you enjoyed the staff and they had a positive impact on your visit. We hope to see you again very soon and wish you a safe & Happy Holiday Season.
Peachtree City, Georgia
Reviewed November 21, 2013

If our upcoming visit to this Hampton Inn is half as pleasant as the experience I just had over the phone with Tangela, front desk reservations associate, then we are going to have a great weekend! Unfortunately, in this fast-paced rat race we all live in, it is rare that I encounter the high level of friendly and personal service that Tangela took the time to offer me today. THANK YOU Tangela and thank you Hilton!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
And thank you Kayla321! I am glad you had a positive experience with Tangela and took the time to share your comments with other TripAdvisor readers. We call Tangela our "Hamptonality Specialist" here at the hotel. I hope you will have the opportunity to meet her in person during your visit. Please feel free to ask for me as well, I would enjoy meeting you and getting your feedback on your stay. We always love it when our guest are happy and count on all comments to continue to improve our product and services. Happy travels!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cumming
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cumming Georgia
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#4 of 5 in Cumming
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Cumming/Johns Creek
Cumming Extended Stay Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Alpharetta
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta North/Alpharetta

Been to Hampton Inn Cumming? Share your experiences!