Hampton Inn Cumming
$99
$219
LanierIslands.com
  • Pool
WoodSpring Suites Atlanta Alpharetta(Alpharetta)(Great Value!)
$100
$98
$104
$98
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmama franthe breakfast areasweetest ladyfront desksoftball teamsouthern hospitalityfire pitevery morningwarm cookiesgreat hotelbreakfast staffclean roomsfresh fruitthe hotel stafflate checkthe entire staffa great stay
Reviewed March 19, 2013

This was a great place to stay. I was in Cumming for about 5 days and stayed at the Hampton Inn. My experience here was great! Hotel was clean and staff was very helpful with anything I needed. The staff went out of there way to make me feel welcome and at home. Breakfast was always good and hot and always ask if they could get you anything. On wensday afternoon they had a managers reception with really good snacks or I would say a meal and make you feel like you were at home.The desk staff was always there to help with anything like directions recommedations in town. I will definatly stay there when I return. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Freddy B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Cumming, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your visit and was able to join us for our Managers reception on Wednesday. That is a new addition to our services and has been very well received. I have fun shopping for it and trying new recipes each week.

It also warms my heart that you found our staff warm & friendly. We take great pride in our team members and are always open for our guests' comments.

We appreciate you sharing your comments on tripadvisor for others to see. Please come visit us again if you are in the Cumming area. We love having you here.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I was in Cumming for a family funeral. We were extremely satisfied with our stay. The rooms were very clean, the beds extremely comfortable. Soft sheets, very comfy pillows. Even had a refrigerator and microwave in our room. The staff were very accommodating, helpful and friendly. The breakfast was good and the lady that worked there was so nice. She even gave us a breakfast bag to go on the morning of our departure. I would definitely stay there again. We had no problems with noise from other rooms or hallways at night. Great location. Close to everything. My granddaughter was with us (6mo old) and the front desk clerk even gave us a rubber ducky for her bath. The fresh baked cookies were always already gone each night when we got back to the hotel, but I think it was a pretty full building.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Freddy B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Cumming, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay. It's a pleasure to hear such positive comments about your visit. I trust the baby had fun with the rubber ducky, I remember mine as a child.

I am however dissappointed that you did not get to enjoy a fresh baked cookie. Should you return for a visit, please let me know, I will make sure you get a warm batch of cookies just for yourself.

Thank you again for your comments, we love hearing from you.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Great customer service! Internet a wee bit slow; free cookies every night in lobby! The parking lot was a little cramped and therefore creepy to a lone female, but I had ZERO problems. The hotel is a little challenging to figure out how to access (in car) due to its location on a busy corner, but you figure it out. Great choice of fast food places across the street (starbucks, atlanta bread co, a good pizza joint, steak and shake, and other options).

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

I am happy you took the time to let others know about your recent visit to our hotel. I'm also glad you found our location convenient to some favorite places to eat.

As you are aware, we are in the process of upgrading our property and its' services, We are in contact with our internet provider and looking at options that will maximize the speed of our WiFi. We hope to have this upgrade completed in early May 2013.

Cookies? What cookies? lol... We have so much fun baking fresh cookies every evening and love to know that our guests enjoy them. I hope you took the opportunity to enjoy some of the flavored waters we create daily as well. Both water & cookies seem to be a big hit among everyone.

Please visit us again soon and see our transformation.

Thank you for sharing.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We booked this Hampton hotel in Cumming, GA for a Friday night, because our grandson was in a lacrosse game in the Atlanta area on Saturday.

When we arrived, they had plastic over all the shrubs outside, I thought it was to protect them from the cool weather. I was informed at the front desk that they were updating & were getting ready to paint the exterior. Then I saw several poster boards in the lobby showing the new color scheme and materials for the guestrooms that will be completed hopefully in the spring of 2013.

Front end staff was very efficient, breakfast buffet personnel was very friendly. Buffet had the usual: coffee, juice, cereal, donuts & small pastries, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, fresh apples & bananas, a fruit salad, a waffle machine plus a warming tray with bacon and small cheese omlets that were very good. Weather was cool, but I did notice that they had a lovely stone patio out back.

Our one issue was that the wall between our room and the next room were not sound-proof enough. We could hear their conversation & TV (both of which were at normal levels) They need to add more sound baffling between the rooms.

Also had a few rude people who were running and talking loudly in the hallway in the evening. Some guests go to bed before 10 PM, as they have an early start the next day, perhaps a sleeping infant or someone may have a headache and is trying to lay down for a few minutes of quiet. A suggestion to Hampton - you have cute posters on the inside of your elevator doors. Might I suggest that you have one that reminds people that they should be quiet in the hallways in the evening.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the back, it is wooded and very serene.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

I am happy to hear your experience with our hotel and staff were enjoyable. It is unfortunate that sometimes, either on the road or in a building, people are less considerate of others. We are happy you chose to stay with us and hope you return very soon to see our finished product. we are all very excited about the direction our hotel is is headed.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I recently had some business in Cumming, GA. I guess I am one of the few who do not own a GPS. The front desk was helpful each and every time I needed directions. I thought I was getting annoying, but the folks at the front desk kept smiling and helping me, even offering short cuts to my destinations.
Breakfast was great and the hotel clean. Should I visit that area again, I will stay here. The staff was great.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for sharing your experience at our hotel with TripAdvisor fans. It is always good to hear our staff took care of you during your visit. Hopefully they supplied return direction as well to keep you coming back. We love having you here!