“Friendly staff, good breakfast, and clean room!”

Hampton Inn Cumming
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Cumming
Columbus, Georgia, United States
“Friendly staff, good breakfast, and clean room!”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I agree with Carol P. The staff is great, the rooms are clean and I felt comfortable here. Also, this hotel is very safe and has a very low crime rate! It is also very close to Downtown Cumming, and right across from restaurants, Walmart and Fuel. They gave us a bulk price for the week we stayed and it blew all of the competition out of the water.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Freddy B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Cumming, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
I am delighted to hear you are happy with the service, location and cleanliness of our hotel during your recent stay. It's always good to hear positive comments. We feel our building is just a building, although we take pride in keeping it clean and safe for our guests, our employees are our greatest asset. Thank you for sharing your comments, and please visit again real soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed March 1, 2013

The hotel staff were very friendly and efficient. The warm cookies were a nice treat when checking in and I was informed that I was "guest of the day" and received a welcome bag with a bottle of water and snacks. The room was very clean and comfortable. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Freddy B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Cumming, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Guest of the Day,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are delighted you enjoyed our token of appreciation, the staff and the cookies. It is always good to know that our guests are pleased with our service and accommodations. We look forward to your return in the future and can't wait for you to see our newly improved facility.
Nas
Reviewed February 26, 2013

The staff at the front desk were so friendly and helpful. The lobby was nice and cozy with its fireplace and the homemade cookies. I felt right at home. The rooms were nice and clean. Overall a great stay. I would definitely stay here again and recommend to other travelers.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share you opinion on TripAdvisor. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your visit at our hotel. We are very proud of the team we have aquired and I'm thrilled to know they had a positive impact on your stay. Please come visit us again soon.
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed February 22, 2013

this little hotel was great! the staff were so friendly, accommodating, and made me feel at home..there are homemade cookies every afternoon along with 3 different refreshing beverages to greet you as you come in the door...a fire was ready to warm you up as the weather was cold outside..and the breakfasts changed a little each morning with a helpful staff and clean surroundings. I would definitely book again when i am in the area...i stayed for 4 nights, 5 days, and i felt very safe and would recommend to all...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Freddy B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Cumming, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Hello Gwen F.,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel on Tripadvisor. I am so happy you enjoyed your visit along with the fresh baked cookies & "trio of daily beverages". We are receiving many compliments to that recently added feature and are always discussing new ways to "WOW" our guests.

Thank you again for taking the time to let others know about your stay with us. We hope you will return very soon.
Atlanta
Reviewed February 6, 2013

The pillows were to soft and we had difficulty get temp adjusted in room. Overall our stay was great! We stayed in a suite with a whirlpool and we were able to use it. I felt great after sitting in the tub after a ten hour day of work. The staff was friendly and extremely helpful. Hampton Inn is has always been a great choice.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Freddy B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Cumming, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our Hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed your visit and the jetted tub after a long work day.

We are in the process of installing the thermostat control on an opposite wall from the unit to make it more convenient to accurately control the room temperature. I am also looking into our pillow inventory. I prefer a firm feather pillow so I can certainly understand your preference.

I hope you will visit us again when your travels bring you to our area. Please let us know if we can assist you with any travel plans.

Thank you again for your comments.
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stay in hotels over 50 nights a year so, I have a lot to compare. This hotel provided a very good value for the price; clean, safe, good service, and comfort. I would gladly return to this hotel, and also recommend to others.

Room Tip: Nice restaurants in close proximity, walking distance.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Wow! Thank you so much for the wonderful review. It means a great deal to us, especially coming from such a seasoned traveler.

I hope this will be helpful for others looking for a good value in the Cumming area. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay, and am very pleased you had a good experience with us.

Please visit us again if you are in our area. We appreciate you and your support.
Kentuckiana
Reviewed February 3, 2013

If you stay in Hampton Inns regularly, you know that sometimes, you will stay in one that just gets it right. This is one of those. From check-in, to the little comforts (cookies, water, coffee) to help with directions & the famous Hampton mattress.
We were in Cumming for research, we had traveled many miles that day & were looking forward to a nap before dinner. We had a little trouble determining which driveway was the one for Hampton, as there is another hotel right there on the same corner & the intersection is a little busy, seems to have outgrown itself. It so happened that we stayed here on "points" & when we checked in, this was acknowledged, but in a positive way. Honestly, I've stayed on points at other hotels & it was if that meant my stay was less valuable. Not here, not the way Kris treated us at all. It's always nice to be greeted by someone who not only likes their job, but is good at it.
My husband teases me about my loyalty to Hilton-family hotels, but after we settled in, I said something about the way Hampton Inn does things & he agreed, maybe because the night before we stayed in a different chain & it just didn't have the same feel.
The location of this hotel is good for finding dinner options or a quick errand, lots of shopping & food choices right there in the area. Of course, don't worry about what to do for breakfast, as the famous Hampton breakfast is waiting for you.
Even though the hotel is located on a busy corner, I can't complain about noise, I found the place quiet & we rested well. Ultimately, as a hotel guest, what you want is a clean, quiet, comfortable stay. This Hampton Inn in Cumming will serve you well.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jeri,

Well I must say, I am so glad you did find the correct driveway to get to us. 

We at Hampton Inn, take great pride in striving to “get it right” as you put it. It is not always accomplished, but I am certainly glad you and your Husband felt our efforts were achieved.

It is our goal that every guest has a pleasant experience and we are always open to suggestion on where we can improve.

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit, and for sharing that experience on TripAdvisor for others to see.

Please come visit us again. I would welcome the opportunity to meet you both in person.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cumming
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cumming Georgia
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta North/Alpharetta
Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta
Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta
#2 of 24 in Alpharetta

Been to Hampton Inn Cumming? Share your experiences!