“great experience”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Cumming
Augusta, Georgia
“great experience”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

this little hotel was great! the staff were so friendly, accommodating, and made me feel at home..there are homemade cookies every afternoon along with 3 different refreshing beverages to greet you as you come in the door...a fire was ready to warm you up as the weather was cold outside..and the breakfasts changed a little each morning with a helpful staff and clean surroundings. I would definitely book again when i am in the area...i stayed for 4 nights, 5 days, and i felt very safe and would recommend to all...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Freddy B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Cumming, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Hello Gwen F.,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel on Tripadvisor. I am so happy you enjoyed your visit along with the fresh baked cookies & "trio of daily beverages". We are receiving many compliments to that recently added feature and are always discussing new ways to "WOW" our guests.

Thank you again for taking the time to let others know about your stay with us. We hope you will return very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Atlanta
Reviewed February 6, 2013

The pillows were to soft and we had difficulty get temp adjusted in room. Overall our stay was great! We stayed in a suite with a whirlpool and we were able to use it. I felt great after sitting in the tub after a ten hour day of work. The staff was friendly and extremely helpful. Hampton Inn is has always been a great choice.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Freddy B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Cumming, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our Hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed your visit and the jetted tub after a long work day.

We are in the process of installing the thermostat control on an opposite wall from the unit to make it more convenient to accurately control the room temperature. I am also looking into our pillow inventory. I prefer a firm feather pillow so I can certainly understand your preference.

I hope you will visit us again when your travels bring you to our area. Please let us know if we can assist you with any travel plans.

Thank you again for your comments.
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stay in hotels over 50 nights a year so, I have a lot to compare. This hotel provided a very good value for the price; clean, safe, good service, and comfort. I would gladly return to this hotel, and also recommend to others.

Room Tip: Nice restaurants in close proximity, walking distance.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Wow! Thank you so much for the wonderful review. It means a great deal to us, especially coming from such a seasoned traveler.

I hope this will be helpful for others looking for a good value in the Cumming area. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay, and am very pleased you had a good experience with us.

Please visit us again if you are in our area. We appreciate you and your support.
Kentuckiana
Reviewed February 3, 2013

If you stay in Hampton Inns regularly, you know that sometimes, you will stay in one that just gets it right. This is one of those. From check-in, to the little comforts (cookies, water, coffee) to help with directions & the famous Hampton mattress.
We were in Cumming for research, we had traveled many miles that day & were looking forward to a nap before dinner. We had a little trouble determining which driveway was the one for Hampton, as there is another hotel right there on the same corner & the intersection is a little busy, seems to have outgrown itself. It so happened that we stayed here on "points" & when we checked in, this was acknowledged, but in a positive way. Honestly, I've stayed on points at other hotels & it was if that meant my stay was less valuable. Not here, not the way Kris treated us at all. It's always nice to be greeted by someone who not only likes their job, but is good at it.
My husband teases me about my loyalty to Hilton-family hotels, but after we settled in, I said something about the way Hampton Inn does things & he agreed, maybe because the night before we stayed in a different chain & it just didn't have the same feel.
The location of this hotel is good for finding dinner options or a quick errand, lots of shopping & food choices right there in the area. Of course, don't worry about what to do for breakfast, as the famous Hampton breakfast is waiting for you.
Even though the hotel is located on a busy corner, I can't complain about noise, I found the place quiet & we rested well. Ultimately, as a hotel guest, what you want is a clean, quiet, comfortable stay. This Hampton Inn in Cumming will serve you well.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jeri,

Well I must say, I am so glad you did find the correct driveway to get to us. 

We at Hampton Inn, take great pride in striving to “get it right” as you put it. It is not always accomplished, but I am certainly glad you and your Husband felt our efforts were achieved.

It is our goal that every guest has a pleasant experience and we are always open to suggestion on where we can improve.

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit, and for sharing that experience on TripAdvisor for others to see.

Please come visit us again. I would welcome the opportunity to meet you both in person.
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival, even though it was late in the evening, the sun seemed to shine bright for Mr. Kristopher Bailey at the front desk. He made me feel like I just came over to a friends house, Or it was just the the warm Southern Hospitality. Definitely glad I stayed. I will make this my destination hotel everytime I visit Cumming GA, as Mr Kristopher puts it, everything is just like you like it.

• Stayed January 2013
Suches, Georgia, United States
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I have stayed in a lot of hotels before and have never met anyone as nice, helpful and thoughful as the staff here at the Hampton Inn in Cumming, Ga. Especially Blake Weldon and Mrs. Kay. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone passing through.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Samantha W
Smyrna, Georgia
Reviewed November 17, 2012

This was the host hotel for our soccer tournament. I was impressed with the little touches that you don't find at the larger, more expensive hotels - freshly baked cookies, free water bottles and freshly brewed iced tea, free wi-fi in the room, etc. the complimentary breakfast was a step above the typical fare. It included eggs, bacon, fresh waffles and potatoes along with the standard yogurt, pastries, fruit, etc. The comforters that are laundered between guests is a bonus too!

While all of these things were nice, it is the customer service that will make this hotel our top choice should we visit the area again. Our expectations were exceeded on three separate occasions. We missed the cut-off date to get the tournament group rate, but the manager graciously offered it to us anyway. On our first day, our team accumulated many pizza boxes while we relaxed between games. I was attempting to take the boxes to the dumpster as to not burden the housekeeper. I had to almost argue with the housekeeper because she insisted on taking them. I got past her and another gentleman stopped me in the lobby and refused to let me take them any further. I thought that was very kind of the both of them. Lastly, when we returned from dinner, the reception attendant saw that my daughter was disappointed that they had a different kind of cookie than they had the previous night. Would you believe he baked her some fresh cookies and delivered them to our room?! That kind of customer service is unheard of.

I absolutely adore this hotel and will certainly return!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cumming
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cumming Georgia
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#4 of 5 in Cumming
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Cumming/Johns Creek
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta North/Alpharetta
Cumming Extended Stay Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Alpharetta

Been to Hampton Inn Cumming? Share your experiences!