“Great Stay”

Hampton Inn Cumming
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Cumming
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We had no reservations as we traveling unexpectedly, but were able to get the room type we wanted (King) at a great price. The room and bathroom were spotlessly clean and odor free.
From the front desk person who checked us in to housekeeping people to the manager, all were totally competent and the most courteous hotel staff I have encountered in many, many years.
We stayed three days instead of one as a result. Oh, the complimentary breakfeast was great.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

I had questions about the pending transaction in my bank account for my room. I was never told that I would be charged over $100 more than what my stay was going to be. Instead of helping me, the manager argued with me and had a very snippy, annoyed tone. He talked to me as if I were a child that didn't understand him. Aside from him, my stay was pleasant. I will however, be reporting him to the better business bureau. From my own experience with dealing with clients with questions every day, I would expect he be more courteous and helpful. After all, he is working in the HOSPITALITY business.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank littleaudi
Reviewed March 14, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hote for three nights with our two small children. The rooms were very clean and spacious. The staff was more than courteous and made sure to accomodate any issues that came up. The only downside to the stay was the wifi internet access, which was a bit slow at times. The continental breakfast was average, however, had much better food than the Holiday Inn Express that is located just down the street. I would stay at this hotel time and time again. For the price of the rooms you are getting a value for a nice place to stay.

Room Tip: If you have small children that like to run around like mine do you will want to get a room on the b...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 11, 2012

For the money, the traveler can get more for less elsewhere. This is not a bad hotel, just not the best stay for what you pay. We stayed two nights. First night was fine, but the room wasn't cleaned for the second night. The fellow at the desk said that we left a tag on the door, but that wasn't true. After we left the hotel yesterday morning, someone came by and took the dirty towels but did nothing else. When we returned to the room that night, the beds were not made by maid, nor did we have replacement towels. The bathroom had not been cleaned. Items had not been restocked.

The good news is that after calling Expedia & Hotels.com - we were told that a night would be taken off our bill. It hasn't yet, but they said it would take time.

Another negative is that the computer in the Business Center is S-L-O-W. It is out of whack and I it took me forever to do what little I had to do. If you come to this hotel - don't count on using their computer. You can go in there and jot down some notes and use their paperclips. Bring your own laptop.

Let's give them a little credit. The staff were all nice. I never met the cleaning lady to know how nice she was, but apparently not pleased with her work. The breakfast is pretty good. If you don't like their food - there's plenty of places to eat in the immediate neighborhood. Both mornings we had their breakfast, and I was satisfied. It is nice that they bake cookies in the late afternoon for their guests (chocolate chip/sugar cookies). Their cookies are quite cookies too. Let me add that the beds are comfortable.

This is not a great report. The cleaning staff dropped the ball on this one and yet after making a long inconvenient call via Expedia/Hotels - the system did try to make up for it The hotel is in a good location in Cummings - just off the highway. Like I said, great eateries around in the area - lots of places to shop.

Room Tip: If the room was cleaned the second night and the computer worked in the business center - I'd gi...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 12, 2011

The room was very nice and clean and well priced for the quality. The fridge was large and good to store food for traveling and beer for relaxing. Good breakfast as well in the morning.

Room Tip: The two queen beds were nice and cheaper than one king.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Trip Advisor shows this as being a 2 1/2 star hotel, but I would say it is at least a 3 star. The staff was very friendly. The rooms are very spacious with a large desk, refrigerator and microwave. The closet was pretty small, and the sliding door was hard to open and close, but that would be my only complaint. The bathroom was roomy, water pressure and temp were all good. They do have a fitness room but it was very small with 1 treadmill, 1 exercise bike and 1 stair steper. Although the entire time we were there, I think I was the only one who used it.
The hotel is very close to just about any food you want as well as WalMart and Target. There is a Waffle House and an AM\PM within walking distance of the hotel.
They have a decent breakfast, and have coffee and bottled water out all day. They also had fresh fruit out all day and in the afternoons, fresh baked cookies in the lobby. Overall I would say that this is a nice hotel with very nice employees, and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 29, 2011

This is a no frills Hampton. The hotel is suitable for business travel. Given the area, it is unlikely that anyone would attempt to use it as a resort, so it serves its purpose.

The hotel is clean and the staff is friendly.

Room Tip: All rooms are relatively equal
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cumming
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cumming Georgia
#1 of 38 in Norcross
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#2 of 4 in Dawsonville

Been to Hampton Inn Cumming? Share your experiences!