“Best BBQ Around”
Review of J's Southern Smoke - CLOSED

J's Southern Smoke
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: We would love to cater your event.
Description: We would love to cater your event.
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My husband and I are always looking for BBQ establishments that know BBQ and do it the right way. J's does it right. Hand pulled pork, not machine-pulled with all the fat. J's serves the BEST pulled pork I have ever put in my mouth. It is delicious and lean. The sides are awesome, the portions are generous, and the service is second to none. We visit regularly and have never had a bad experience.
If you want REAL BBQ go to J's.

1  Thank Kelli G

Reviewed June 5, 2013

J's is great. I eat here atleast once a week when I am on my lunch break and have used them to cater a few parties I have had at my house. The staff is great and the food is delicious. I recommend them to all my friends

2  Thank B K
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Great spot to get some good BBQ! Micah & his wife are real cool owners! My favorite is the"Ribby" - gonna try the brisket next time.

2  Thank David F
Reviewed May 9, 2013

J's is located just inside the entrance to the Colony Park Business Park off route 9. It might not be the easiest to find, but once you find it - wow! you won't forget it. What it lacks in size, it makes up for in quality.

Open for lunch Monday thru saturday, J's also some some amazing catering.

The barbecue (Barbeque?) can only be described with two words - THE BEST. Sandwiches, platters, the best Brunswick Stew I have ever had and an amazing boneless rib sandwich.

2  Thank Bialy30041
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We are repeat customers and actually I have to stop my husband from going even more often than we do! The ribs are tender and delicious and with a choice of 4 sauces you can't go wrong!! I go for the BBQ Quesadilla or the BBQ spud usually but the Ribby sandwich is always delicious as well. The sides are well portioned and equally delicious. Our faves are the fried okra and the cole slaw.
The owner is always so kind and will always make sure your meal is perfect!
As for other reviews complaining they were out of a food item, just goes to show how ridiculously delicious certain items are that they have trouble keepin it stocked!!
Whenever we have visitors from out of town we make sure to take them to lunch at J's!!

2  Thank Bkbq0227