“who would have thought”
Review of J's Southern Smoke - CLOSED

J's Southern Smoke
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: We would love to cater your event.
Description: We would love to cater your event.
Reviewed May 9, 2013

J's is located just inside the entrance to the Colony Park Business Park off route 9. It might not be the easiest to find, but once you find it - wow! you won't forget it. What it lacks in size, it makes up for in quality.

Open for lunch Monday thru saturday, J's also some some amazing catering.

The barbecue (Barbeque?) can only be described with two words - THE BEST. Sandwiches, platters, the best Brunswick Stew I have ever had and an amazing boneless rib sandwich.

2  Thank Bialy30041

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We are repeat customers and actually I have to stop my husband from going even more often than we do! The ribs are tender and delicious and with a choice of 4 sauces you can't go wrong!! I go for the BBQ Quesadilla or the BBQ spud usually but the Ribby sandwich is always delicious as well. The sides are well portioned and equally delicious. Our faves are the fried okra and the cole slaw.
The owner is always so kind and will always make sure your meal is perfect!
As for other reviews complaining they were out of a food item, just goes to show how ridiculously delicious certain items are that they have trouble keepin it stocked!!
Whenever we have visitors from out of town we make sure to take them to lunch at J's!!

2  Thank Bkbq0227
Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

We drove past it the first time but it was easy to turn around.
The pork plate was good, the sauce flavors the meat. I ordered sweet potato fries and was told they were sold out and it was just 2 pm. The reg fries come with seasonings.
The BLT was good and loaded with bacon.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

A coworker and I went here for lunch today, looking for a new local BBQ place in the Cumming area. We were both very disappointed. I ordered the pulled pork sandwich combo with fries ($9!) and he had the brisket sandwich combo with mac & cheese($10!). The food was not good. My pulled pork was dry and flavorless (where is the smoke?) and both the pork and the brisket were served cold. My fries were overloaded with a seasoning salt and his mac & cheese was thin and runny. Gross. The staff was aloof and not very helpful. The prices are way too high for this kind of food. The location is very strange, in a small business park sharing the parking lot with a bank. For a place named Southern Smoke, there was no smoke coming from the kitchen (are they microwaving?) and no hint of smoke in the flavor of their meats. I am southern and I love good BBQ. This place was foreign to me. I will not be back.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

We had a scout mob and wanted to give it a try and were so glad we did. Very clean restaurant and the service is excellent and personable staff. Unfortunately they were out of brisket so I tried chicken. I am normally not a chicken fan but this was great. Will definitely go back for brisket.

1  Thank BobGAtlanta_GA