“Great Friday Night Meal”

Venti Italian Bistro
Ranked #5 of 276 Restaurants in Cumming
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Sometimes celebrating the end of a work week means relaxing at home and sometimes it means going out for a nice meal. In this case it meant going out. We love Venti. It's very close to home, always has great food and the staff is very accommodating. I ordered the Chicken Marsala and my husband ordered his usual favorite Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo. We usually get an appetizer and love the Bruchetta over Italian bread or the Eggplant Rolitini which I love. The trouble is deciding. Our meal came to us hot and fresh. I gave 4 stars this time because our waiter was not as attentive as usual. He seemed to start with a table and not complete his follow through. Either way it didn't spoil our meal or our desire to return again.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

My online gamers group got together on a Monday, so we had to go somewhere that was open on Monday, and convenient for all. We wanted something memorable, and the reviews lead us to believe that this was going to be. We arrived about 7 PM, the restaurant was almost deserted. The atmosphere was mellow, so it gave us a chance to talk. Service as a bit slow, but our food was eventually prepared and served. This is not a fast food restaurant. My daughter and I ordered the nightly specials, calamari, appetizer plate, and some drinks. My buddies were less adventurous, and ordered scampi and chicken alfredo. We all felt that the meal was very good and certainly enough to eat. Our waiter could have been better, the food could have been better, but we were all satisfied and full to the brim.

Now the rest of the story. This restaurant is not even in Cumming GA. It is in Ducktown, GA, half way to Canton on Georgia highway 20. It is in a rural neighborhood surrounded by industrial services. Google earth this location to see for yourself. It is in the middle of nowhere. This is a restaurant for locals and those that traverse highway 20.
There is nothing here any better than any other Olive Garden, Carrabba's Italian grill, or any other pizza/Italian restaurant. The prices are also way out of line, and the bar is only slightly separated from the restaurant. The bar folks tended to be noisy. We ended up at about $35 a person with tip. We were not unhappy, it was a unique experience. If you drive by, stop in for a bite, but don't pass up a Carrabba's to get here.

Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I decided to go here for our date night away from kids. A neighbor told us about Venti so we decided to check it out. I called the day before and made reservations. The hostess called us back the day of to verify our reservation. When we arrived it was 6pm on Friday night so restaurant wasn't packed yet. Our server Kathy was super friendly and very attentive to us. The atmosphere was nice and our food was brought out promptly. We started off with Caesar salads that were okay. They needed more dressing and each salad contained 3 croutons that were hard as rocks. The bread and olive tapenade was average as well. We much prefer Carraba's italian bread with oil and herb mixture. My husband ordered the chicken parmesan and I ordered the eggplant parmesan. We found that the sauce on both dishes were very bland. It was a simply red sauce that hadn't much flavor. The mashed potatoes and vegetables I got in place of pasta was very good though. The owner definitely needs to work on recipes and helping food to be more flavorful.

1  Thank stylingyou
Reviewed June 21, 2014

We have driven by this restaurant countless times and wondered why, for the location, the parking lot was always full. Now we know why--the food is delicious and the staff are exceptional. We had Craig as our server and he is a true southern gentleman. They were swamped but he took the time to make sure we had a great evening. The olive tapenade/feta/olive oil spread that they bring with the bread basket is to die for. We had their special of the evening which was sea bass and their specialty cocktail, the pomegranate martini. Both were outstanding. Craig brought us a complementary creme brûlée for dessert because he got behind on his drink orders, but to be honest, we hadn't noticed because we were taking our time and relaxing over our entrees. We were so impressed by this restaurant--it's going on our regulars list!

1  Thank Kb11111
Reviewed June 20, 2014

We have been here several times, but tonight was just unacceptable. The server,took forever to get drinks and when she did one was flat. App was not even done before salads came, despite asking for this not to happen. Entrees were not far behind and the eggplant parm was very mushy and greasy. There was not front of the house management present and hostess was doing double duty as server too. On the way out one server ran right into my wife, hard enough to stager her as well as
send his bill holder and enclosed credit card a few feet.

3  Thank jerryc526

Been to Venti Italian Bistro? Share your experiences!