“Disappointing -- go anywhere else !”

Venti Italian Bistro
Ranked #5 of 275 Restaurants in Cumming
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

My family & I tried this place -- horrid -- the atmosphere is really poor --

The wedge salad was to be split and wasn't
Very pricey -esp when you were splitting the salad --
Crab cakes -- cold !!!!! Undercooked !!! How gross !!!!!

My sister got pizza --- pepperoni was greasy

Just plain bad bad bad ------- the servers are rude and 1 of them seemed drunk--

Off the beaten path anyway -- not worth the drive !!

Beware !!!! Oh and a bad health score !!!!
Ughhhhhh

Reviewed September 18, 2012

My wife and I returned after not eating there for over a year. We went for dinner on a Tuesday evening. The appetizer and main course were very good. The desert was ok. The service was great. Our server knew the dishes very well, the ingrediants, how it was prepared, everything. She came and checked on us often. She even poored my beer into a frosty glass. No complaints at all.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

I've eaten here several times since they've been in business. I'm not really impressed. I've found that the food is hit and miss. Tonight, it was a miss. My wife and I ordered a blue cheese wedge to start with and we had indicated that we were sharing the salad. Instead of doing what any nice restaurant would do, that is, serve the salad already split. The waiter delivers the salad wedge on a plate and sits it in front of my wife. He places an empty plate in front of me and then looks at my wife with the salad, which is in front of her, and asks if she wants fresh ground pepper on the salad. Well, my wife doesn't like pepper on her salad and I do. The salad wasn't already split so she lets the waiter know that she doesn't want pepper. This is really no big thing, but for the price range they serve in, they need to step it up several notches and BE the nice restaurant they are trying to be. Well anyway, we both ordered crabcakes. The waitress assured us the crabcakes would be all crabcake and no filler. Well guess what, we got gooey crabcakes. That usually means filler. We each were served two very small crabcakes that were not well formed and under cooked. I wasn't impressed and immediately sent mine back along with the glass of white wine that I had ordered to enjoy with my meal. My wife ate her meal but admitted her disappointment with what we were served. Way overpriced and not good! I have decided that I will relegate this restaurant to a pizza ONLY place to eat. The pizza is pricey, but it is consistently good.

3  Thank sawneeman
Reviewed September 14, 2012

This restaurant reminds the diner of the personal experience dining in Italy and in the Italian neighborhoods of old American cities. The menu items reflect a range of Italian cuisine, and the specials take some reasonable risks bringing influences of the mid South to the Italian recipes.
The wines work well with the menu.The sounds of conversation about the restaurant suggested happy diners. We certainly were.

1  Thank Gouvernail
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We really enjoyed the Veal Marsala. Our kids get the pizza with white cheeses, no sauce and ricotta. Service is great and people are nice. I love giving business to privately owned restaurants. The portion of the calamari is a bit small for the price, but it is really good.

1  Thank brutusosu