“Pizza is good. The Wait? Not So Much.”

Mia's Pizza and Eats
Ranked #30 of 265 Restaurants in Cumming
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Atlanta
“Pizza is good. The Wait? Not So Much.”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We've been to Mia's about a dozen times over the past seven years and thoroughly enjoy their pizza and "eats". We started going to this location when it was Johnny's Pizza back in 2005. If you are looking for a place to satisfy your craving for a "pie", give Mia's a try. Their menu also features sub sandwiches, a kids menu, salads, and a full drink bar.

But be prepared to wait and wait and wait if you are dining in.....not because of a big line waiting for tables, but because of the long wait for food after you've ordered. We've been seated, have placed our order and have often waited a half an hour for the food to arrive. My guess for the longer than normal wait time is that they must prioritize their pick-up and delivery orders over those for in-restaurant dining.

As for the pizza, Mia's sauces reminded me of Johnny's sauces for the longest time. In fact, I was convinced they just changed the name and keep the Johnny's taste (probably not the case). I very much enjoy their pizzas, although the one ordered last weekend tasted a little too salty for my liking. My daughter ordered an italian sub sandwich and enjoyed every bite.

Bottom line: Mia's is a good choice for all pizza fans. Just beware of the long wait for your food if dining in. My advice would be to call in your order for take-out. It will be ready in 20 minute or less for pick-up. If you aren't in a time crunch, dine in. Based on this fact alone, I give Mia's an "average" rating instead of "very good".

• Visited September 2012

Atlanta
“Pretty yummy stuff”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Good pizza and pasta...have had both...definitely recommend the stromboli...any variety is excellent and a good value.

Visited June 2012
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Fresh and Delish”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

This is a local pizza place. The dough and veggies are all fresh - if you think Papa John's makes the best pizza you might not like this BUT for people who want fresh pizza with fresh cut veggies and great dough this is a good choice.
I was very happy with our pizza - we had mushrooms and spinach. It is located in a strip mall and looks as such; however I was more concerned with the taste and quality of the food than the decor.

• Visited May 2012
Cumming, Georgia
“We did not enjoy.”
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Another quick lunch we regretted. We should have been tipped off when we found the place empty of other diners. Mia's pizza was not one we liked. The service was not bad or slow we just did not find the atmosphere or food good. I am not usually fond of pizza but my husband is so we do try to have it once in a while. Even my husband was not pleased with this one.

• Visited October 2011
Gainesville, Georgia
“Great Little Pizza Joint”
Reviewed January 28, 2012

If your out running around the Cumming area, take a hop to Exit 14 off Ga 400 and drop in on Mia's Pizza. It's a small place tucked in behind a RaceTrac that can easily be missed and forgotten.

But, it's worth the visit. The pizza is great and the other meals on the menu are just as good. The portions are perfect and the service is prompt and attentive. You can usually find the owner busy at work in the kitchen preparing orders but he always has a moment to come out and share a smile and quick conversation.

Mia's makes me miss the NY pizzarias I grew up on.

So, if you're tired of the generic, not so great, formula process of the pizza chains, you have to give Mia's a shot. You'll love it.

• Visited January 2012