“Going Downhill Fast”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
“Going Downhill Fast”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

My husband called me as I was getting off of work to inform me that he had woken up with a craving for sushi and that I should meet him at Ichiban. When I arrived at Ichiban, I was surprised by the emptiness of the restaurant since it was considered dinner hour. However, after receiving our food and finding it barely edible, I now understand why.

The food quality and service have gone downhill. First of all, the sushi is unusually small, and it is questionnable as to whether the fish that is listed in the sushi description is actually what is being served. As for the service, it took nearly 20 minutes for our waiter to give us an extra helping of wasabi. You can forget about getting your drinks refilled too, even though we reminded our waiter several times to do so.

The bottomline is that my husband and I will no longer be dining at Ichiban. This is sad and disappointing because this used to be our go-to restaurant for sushi.

• Visited May 2013

“Awesome Asian...”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

This place has Hibachi which the kids love but also their Sushi is absolutely some of the best around. We go there and just do the sushi and a couple beers and you get out stuffed for a little over $20. Awesome place.

Visited May 2012
“Love ichiban^_^”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I go to ichiban 3 or more times a month. :3 I love it and the food is awesome. The wait is about 5 mintues for them to attend you. But once they start its all good from there^_^

• Visited February 2013
“DO NOT EAT HERE”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

My husband and I decided to take my parents here from out of town for a nice dinner. MISTAKE. We waited 30 minutes for drinks and then we waited 45 minutes for our food and it wasn't busy. Sushi, and hibachi all came out at the same time and totally COLD. We are never ones to complain, but we politely asked to have our food remade. The manager comes over and actually bends down to get in my face and was so unbelievably RUDE. If you want hibachi stick to Kani House. May be a less nice atmosphere, but at least you won't have to deal with horrendous service.

• Visited February 2013
“Consistently good”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I've eaten here about twenty times and I am never disappointed. Their sushi is good, well made and fresh and the service is friendly, professional and competent. Try the chef specials for some fun sushi.

Visited March 2012

Been to Ichiban Steak & Sushi? Share your experiences!