“My favorite for Asian”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Atlanta
“My favorite for Asian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2012

I've been to this restaurant and it is always very good. The sushi is the best I have had in North Atlanta and the staff is outstanding.

I would highly recommend.

Alpharetta, Georgia
“Cool atmosphere and good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2011

We took my parents and the kids for a fun evening of Hibachi. Prices are in line with most hibachi restaurants which are never cheap. Everyone had a good time.

• Visited November 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Best Japanese Steakhouse in town....or maybe period.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2011

We have been coming to this restaurant since it opened at the Avenue. They have another location on Windward Pkwy, but that one always has horrible servers and the food is always cold.

So back to this review. My wife and I, and all our friends frequent this location. Whether it be for lunch or dinner, we or someone we know eat here at least once a week. As I sit here writing this review, my wife and her friends are there for dinner and drinks before seeing a movie. Take if from people who frequent a restaurant, we have never had one complaint. Wait, now that I think about it, my steak may have been over-cooked once a couple years ago, and the manager (James) took it off the bill and gave me a couple glasses of sake on the house. Yeah, so that sums up my one bad thing to say.

The food here is excellent, whether its out of the kitchen or on the hibachi. Filet is tender and chicken is juicy. The fried rice is the best! Service is impeccable as well. They also have the best sushi we have found, ever. We have eaten at Japanese steakhouses across the country and we always end up comparing it to home....you can't beat Ichiban. They have a great value lunch, so check that out. Dinner is average price for a Japanese steakhouse. Very cool atmosphere too.

Now I see other people complaining about service and wait times. Let me tell you this, it's a Japanese steakhouse, in case you were confused. You don't go there expecting to have a quick meal. If you choose to have them cook for you, expect to be there a while. Even if you order from the kitchen, ESPECIALLY with a large group, it's going to take some time. If you come in on a Friday or Saturday night at ANY restaurant, wait times and prep times are increased due to the volume. The service staff can be light at times, I'll agree, which I have only seen on weekends when they are stretched thin during peak dinner times. A restaurant isn't going to hire more servers to accommodate a two hour window on two nights a week. If you don't like waiting, then you shouldn't be eating out on weekend nights anyways.

Overall, we always get great service here from Michelle and Katie. Ask for them, and they will make sure to take good care of you.

• Visited November 2011
Cumming, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst service to expensive”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2011

Last night ever going there. Been there many times. Service has gotten progressively worse. Tonight we waited 15 minutes before anyone waited on us. 30 minutes for dinner to arive and never had a server come back to the table until we stood up to leave. And they charged us a automatic 22.00 tip due to our party of six.

Visited July 2011
1 Thank thom22fam
“The decor is pretty cool but once you get...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2010

The decor is pretty cool but once you get used to that, everything goes down hill. I was also only able to order a side of fried rice because another person in my party was getting hibachi, which just doesn't make sense seeing as they had other tables there so I'm sure the grill was on. They offered crab salad on a couple sushi rolls so I asked if I could just have a side of it. At other restaurants it is usually about $6.00 for a nice little bowl...they wanted to charge $10.00! For sushi I had a spicy tuna crunch roll, which is usually tuna and crunch rolled inside. This was tuna on top and a huge nugget of nothing but crunch! It was disgusting! Two other people at my table believed that their meals were precooked and reheated because it came too quickly and was lukewarm. Don't be fooled by the decor!