“Worst service to expensive”

Ichiban Steak & Sushi
Ranked #114 of 275 Restaurants in Cumming
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed July 13, 2011

Last night ever going there. Been there many times. Service has gotten progressively worse. Tonight we waited 15 minutes before anyone waited on us. 30 minutes for dinner to arive and never had a server come back to the table until we stood up to leave. And they charged us a automatic 22.00 tip due to our party of six.

1  Thank thom22fam

Reviewed October 11, 2010

The decor is pretty cool but once you get used to that, everything goes down hill. I was also only able to order a side of fried rice because another person in my party was getting hibachi, which just doesn't make sense seeing as they had other tables there so I'm sure the grill was on. They offered crab salad on a couple sushi rolls so I asked if I could just have a side of it. At other restaurants it is usually about $6.00 for a nice little bowl...they wanted to charge $10.00! For sushi I had a spicy tuna crunch roll, which is usually tuna and crunch rolled inside. This was tuna on top and a huge nugget of nothing but crunch! It was disgusting! Two other people at my table believed that their meals were precooked and reheated because it came too quickly and was lukewarm. Don't be fooled by the decor!

Reviewed December 19, 2009

My husband and I eat here almost every Thursday night. The food and service is always great! The people are very friendly and we enjoy the atmosphere!

1  Thank Chloe1127
Reviewed May 15, 2009

My husband and Ihave been to this location as well as the one on Windward Pkwy many times. The Cumming location is cleaner and I love the atmosphere. Food is consistently good and we have never had a problem with customer service.

1  Thank clkkat3
Reviewed March 13, 2009

My wife and I had been excited to try out the new location of one of our favorite places. The location is great and the ambience was great...that is until we encountered THE WORST CUSTOMER SERICE in years - probably ever. We decided to sit at a table because I wanted sushi and my wife wanted the hibachi grill. We waited about 10 minutes before a waiter come to take drink orders. My wife ordered her usual hot tea that was brought to her by a waiter wearing a glove to hold it. She was unable to pick up the cup and asked for a second cup or a cup with a handle. The waiter shook his head no and said thats all we have. She asked for a second cup to set the hot one inside and again he shook his head no. Okay, so she sent it back - she could not hold it. Then again, no waiter in sight. So a manager came to take our order, at which point my wife ordered from the grill and requested fried rice which is an extra $3 bucks. The manager told her that she could get only get fried rice in two or more orders and since I was ordering sushi we could not get it. She picked up the menu and asked, "but I think the extra $3.oo charge is what that is for right?" The manager said no, you still have to place two orders or more for fried rice, so he kept saying I will bring you steamed rice. My wife said again, no I want fried rice please, I will pay extra for it. The manager just shook his head no again and said steamed rice is what I will serve you. At which point my wife stood up to leave. We were shocked at the ridiculous way we were treated and for the absurd minimum two fired rice orders which was not mentioned on the menu ANYWHERE! I will never go back here and I will continue to tell everyone we know about how poorly we were treated. We ended going next door to Ted's Montana Grill which was great!

2  Thank yeller123

Been to Ichiban Steak & Sushi? Share your experiences!