“Good fried chicken”

The Depot Bar And Grill
Ranked #73 of 133 Restaurants in Covington
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Depot Bar And Grill Covington/Music Venue Is under New Management Oct. 2015. We are excited about our changes. We are a Music Venue offering Southern Regional Musicians & Band Stage Presence along with Known Names in the industry. Live Music And Special Guest DJ's Perform all week long. Our Dinning Menu is American Comfort Food, Baskets of Warm Tasty Slammers or Buffalo Hot Wings with dipping sauces.Large Steak Fries and a Man size Burger with choice of Cheese and Toppings.Healthy Grilled Chicken and Vegetables, Fresh Chicken Grilled Salad and Cold Sweet Tea or Iced Cola and Sodas. If you prefer. we have a great selection of Beers on Tap & Bottle. Our Liquor selection is large and our Bartenders Skilled.Tropical, or Straight up we also have shooters for your liking. Historical from 1885 this train station ran all the way to New York. Now The Travelers come to us. Hollywood has Captured The Depot in TV Series like "The Dukes of Hazard",& the later Move Staring Jessica Simpson and Johnny Knoxville, plus "The Vampire Diaries", and "In The Heat of the Night". When Stopping in Beautiful Atlanta think of us at The Depot Bar And Grill Covington. Modestly Priced and waiting with Hospitality.
Social Circle, Georgia, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good fried chicken”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

The food is ok, the fried chicken is really good, I think the veggies are canned, which is ok for some but we have to watch our sodium now and the fried foods too, the atmosphere is a little dark.

St. Augustine, FL
“Surprisingly Good - Even the Meat Loaf!”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I know you're never supposed to eat Meat Loaf unless it's home-cooked, but I tend to make the same mistake again and again. The meat loaf at this Country-Buffet looked good, so I tried it. DELICIOUS. Very much like my Mom used to make - and she made excellent Meat Loaf - moist ground beef (not greasy) with tomato-based sauce on top. I also had mashed potatoes (with chunks of potato in there so, again, homemade) that went well with the Meat Loaf. I also tried a fried chicken leg which was perfect. I looked for white gravy but there was none. :o( The vegetable choice was outstanding - okra & tomatoes, lima beans, butter beans, green beans, and more. I had the lima beans and butter beans - both highly seasoned Southern style - just the way I like my beans. There was also a salad bar (which I skipped) and a dessert bar (which I didn't skip). My daughter and I had small slices of cheesecake (delish - don't know if homemade but 'twas delish) and there was fresh fruit, pudding, and cookies offered on the dessert buffet. All in all a fun lunch.

• Visited June 2012
Covington, Georgia
“Foods OK”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Not one of my favorite places.. Prices are very good.... You get what you pay for... I go sometimes on Sundays and it is extremely crowded.. It is in an old Train Station and some of the seats are in train cars....Its fun

Visited March 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great place to go if you're hungry!”
Reviewed March 6, 2012

This is an all you can eat buffet with a good selection and lots of good vegetables. A great place to go if you're hungry!

Rustic setting in the old train depot - not easy to find and you won't find it just driving through town - it's on a side street and not well marked. But worth it!

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank M H
Conyers
“Good home cooking, restrooms need work!”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

This place has some good home cooking but the restrooms are shared with a bar thats next door...Their is a sign on the restroom door that says "No men and women in restroom together" ????? My advice is eat and run...Quick trip right down the roads has a cleaner restroom!

Visited December 2011