“fabulous dining experience”

R L's Off The Square
Ranked #6 of 142 Restaurants in Covington
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Spent the weekend in Covington with my mom and two daughters. Mom and I had dinner at RL, and really enjoyed everything we ordered. We started with the shrimp grit cake. Delicious! I had the barbecue shrimp, which was spicy and full of flavor. My mom ordered the blackened grouper, and said it was done to perfection! I would definitely be back to try more entrees. Fit for a foodie! make sure to order the bread pudding for dessert!!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

My daughter and I are still talking about this great food to die for we are from Chicago never had such great food heaven on 7 forget about it I will never it there after eating at R L I will take a trip from Chicago to go eat at R L The blacked grouper was fabulous. The shrimp gritts the seafood bisque

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Excellent, quaint place with great food at reasonable prices. Located in an old building that was redone with a Cajun theme. Menu has a New Orleans flair and the gumbo might have been the best I ever had. The ribs were outstanding—a full rack is enough for two people. On site owner (from upstate NY) who definitely pays attention to every detail. Nice sized bar and very attentive staff. Have been there twice & will definitely dine there again whenever I’m in Covington. You can’t go wrong with this place.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I've been to this restaurant many times, but this is my first review. I had some business visitors that had not been. I told them it was good, but I was curious if they agreed. In a word, YES. The seafood bisque was on tap and the first bite drew an "Oh this is good..." comment. I had the pastalaya (jumbalaya with pasta instead of rice) and it was excellent as usual. Everything was tasty, but the service was a little slow. But when you are having a good time with visitors, that isn't that big of a deal. My visitors thantked me for picking such a good restaurant. I will continue to eat here when I can!

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Delicious cajun cuisine! The greens florentine was great. If you like well-flavored and happy food, this restaurant is the place to visit and enjoy. Never would have thought Louisiana cooking would be found in Georgia and just as good as the original birthgrounds for this type of food and flavors.