“One night stand”
Review of Super 8 Covington

Super 8 Covington
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Covington

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Houma
Reviewed September 23, 2013

***Disclaimer: I never complain especially within Hospitality for I've worked within it for many years. However; nothing could had been more disappointing this my recent stay at Super 8 in Covington, Ga.”***

My current position within the field of Hospitality could have never prepared me for the recent one night stay at Super 8 within Covington, GA off of exit 92. Due to the nature of my last minutes business trip my hotel of choice close to my family were sold out. There was a very popular Rodeo Event this past weekend. The Super 8 motel rooms appeared decent online so I decided to give it a try. I just recently stayed at Microtel which is within the Super 8 family line of motels and had a positive experience.

When I entered the lobby a slight odor assaulted my nose. I chucked it up to all the recent rain lately within the region. With guest coming and going perhaps the rugs became soiled and damp. I had just driven 9 hours throughout the night from my home state of LA to GA and I was tired. I explained to the owner-slash- receptionist who I was and if there was any chance of an early check in for I had a very important meeting to attend that morning. The receptionist took my information and said to please wait while she checks to see if any rooms are available and cleaned. Less than 5 minutes later she hands me a room key and explain where to locate the room around back.

Nothing, nothing could had prepared me for what came next….
The motel was very, very unclean. The sheets on both beds if they were even change had visible stains including the pillow cases. My bed top cover was also destroyed with not one but two very large cigarette holes. The restroom as a whole has not been properly cleaned in weeks. There was food and visible coffee stains splattered against a wall. The furniture as a whole was very unclean due to dust and visible food residue. When I open the dresser drawers they too had not been properly wiped from recent use. The telephone by the bed was very dusty and appeared to have DNA upon it. Two of the four bath towels were stained. The staff appeared poorly trained within their empathy, sympathy and accountability to any problems. The downstairs guest had a very loud and rowdy gathering outdoors beyond a respectable time for rest. And when I went to the main office to address a problem one of the family-owned and staffed member attitude was boarder line rude.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Nayan p, Manager at Super 8 Covington, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
good job
Covington, Georgia
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Honestly I had a great experience at this hotel.. Room was clean, great customer service. The 2 workers at the front desk I believe there names were Vick and Emily? They were so helpful and nice to me. I will definitely be staying here again. Thank you for making my stay relaxing and pleasant!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank TillyABC
super8hotel, General Manager at Super 8 Covington, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We decided to stay at this hotel for two days while we were on vacation and I would not recommend this place to anyone. It needs some serious updating that is for sure. There is a bad draft in the room and when we came back in the afternoon the sheets felt wet because it was muggy outside you could actually see light coming in the door. There were burn holes in the comforter and the carpets and bathroom floor were filthy. The toilet would flop to one side when you sat down and you were lucky if it flushed all the way. It was also very noisy. We could hear the traffic all night outside and heaven forbid if anyone was talking outside I could hear their whole conversation. When housekeeping came into the room they moved all of our stuff(when I was in housekeeping I would have been fired for this) and they took the old stuff but did not replace it with any new. The only positive I can find is that the front desk people were very nice and were willing to bring us more cups and shampoo.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Nayan p, Manager at Super 8 Covington, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
After a 1 1/2 hour traffic tie up coming through Atlanta road construction, we finally checked in around 11:30 pm. The fellow at the front desk was very personable and friendly. Our room was clean, the beds were clean and comfortable, and it was quiet. This Super 8 seems to be well maintained, and it is just off of I-20, which makes it very convenient for those who are traveling through. I was traveling with my daughter and small granddaughter, and we felt safe. There was not a lot of traffic coming in and out of the parking lot. No people just milling around. An excellent stay, especially for the family- friendly price. We would definitely stay there again. We stayed one night, and slept too late for the breakfast, so I can't comment on that.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Covington hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Covington
Travelodge Covington
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#7 of 15 in Conyers
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Conyers Atlanta Area

Been to Super 8 Covington? Share your experiences!