“Perfect”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Milton, Florida
“Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

Had a great stay. Bed was very comfortable and the room was very clean and you had real water pressure and hot water. The best part was meeting Regina and Princess. These are the kind of people you want to meet when you have had a very long day. The company should be very proud of employees like them. From their smiles and there attitudes when I left to go to my room although I was very tired they made me feel refresh. Please keep up the great work.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Leana W, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Covington, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear Beckey B,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for reviewing your stay! We take pride in making our guest's feel at home and we are so pleased to hear that you had a wonderful experience! Please come and see us again!

~Leana
Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

I hope no one else makes the mistake of thinking because this is a name chain the hotel must be nice! NOT THE CASE! This property is filthy from the entrance to the rooms. Teenagers were lying across the hall smoking hookahs when I checked in. I had to get their attention to move enough so I could get by. There was no coffee in the morning and I had to go up one flight to get the desk attendant to come down and find the kitchen person. Breakfast tables were not cleand and the dek clerk never once asked me about my stay. Regardless of your destination -- keep driving!

Room Tip: make sure it's another hotel before you choose a room.
Green Features: they must be good for the environment because they use no cleaning products
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Rick K
Leana W, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Covington, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Rick K,

I do apologize for the negative experience that you had. Our carpeting is worn and we are working to get new carpeting through out the public areas of the hotel. I will bring your concerns to the hotel management and we will work to make sure these issues do not happen in the future. Please contact me directly at 678-658-4308 or leana@hiecovington.com to further discuss the details of your stay.

I do hope that the next time you are in Covington, GA you will stop by and give us a try!

Leana
Federal Way, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for three days in June. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful during check-in. Our room was large and mostly clean. I say mostly because when my wife took her shower the tub began the fill with water. My wife called an SOS when water was above her ankles. The backup was caused by an accumulation of hair, soap, and hair products clogging the shower drain. Routine maintenance should prevented this problem. I advised the front desk to get the trap cleaned and they did. Maid service was missed on one of our days and I do not know what caused this.

The chairs in the lobby area were soiled and need to be replaced. Carpets in a number of the common areas need a deep cleaning or replacement. A large amount of dust was accumulated on the wood portions of the staircase connecting the first and second floors. Together these conditions make this hotel appear tired and rather neglected. This is our second or third time staying at this hotel and it is our last.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Brad P
Leana W, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Covington, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Brad P,

Thank you for staying with us in June of 2014 and for your repeat business! Our staff pride ourselves on taking care of our guests as if they were family. We are reviewing our maintenance plan and make sure that we are checking all drains more frequently.

We are in the process of getting new carpeting approved by Holiday Inn and refreshing our public areas. I do hope that you will come visit us again once these changes have taken place!
Huntsville, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

Verify rate when calling and checking in. Changed my final bill 6 hours after I left.

I think the desk help is in training. Guide them.....

Here is my story so far:

Booked with hotel by phone and explained my profile. Received rate verification by email. Checked in. Good stay so far.

Desk help called me before checkout to alert me they might add charges not quoted on phone when booking or at checkin because I had more people (I requested a room for 5 people with a roll away and it was in the room when I got there) like it was some kind of surprise.

At CHECKOUT as I was leaving the hotel the desk clerk could not verify my rate (high or low) and would not close my account. Requested manager. Not available.

Requested call to explain the final charges before billing and left my cell phone #. Got billed at higher rate than quoted and no call.

On my third call back to desk, I got the desk manager. Nice lady seemed to understand. Said she would contact manager to give information and call back.

Have not got a call back yet (24 hours after I spoke with her). Called back and desk manager said she had discussed my information and phone number. Four hours later - no call from manager.

So they did not know the rate they wanted to charge me until hours after I left. Still do not have a copy of my final bill. No call from manager after I have called the front desk 4 times.

Room Tip: TV in lobby comes on at 6:00 AM.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Robert F
Leana W, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Covington, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear Robert F.

I would like to thank you for stay at the Holiday Inn Express - Covington, Ga. I do apologize that there was an issue with your stay. I would like to explain how the extra person fee works at our hotel:

Upon making reservations at the hotel level we ask all guests the number of adults and children that will be in the room, this is so that we make sure there are not more occupants in the room then the law allows and so that we can accurately quote a guest rate. Our rooms are priced for two adults and children under the age of 16. We charge an extra person fee for the third and fourth adult in each room. That fee is $10.00 per person, per night. Often times guests will say a number and then at check in guests will bring in more people with them or more people will join during the stay.

I do apologize that the front desk agent was not able to give you receipt as you were leaving the hotel. I know that the hotel General Manager has contacted you about this billing issue. We hope that you will give us another chance next time you are in the Covington area!

Leana White
770-784-9200
Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

Came to do vampire stalkers tour and booked holiday inn because they gave a discount for those doing the tour. Got here and they charged us an extra $10/day for our 16 yr old daughter. Stupid and greedy, but the defensive check in lady stated that was on their website so it was our fault for not noticing. Then we asked for our discount and she said that because we booked online instead of calling that we could not get the discount. She was so matter-of-fact and unaccommodating. So combine the two and we lost $70. Yes, ultimately we should have been looking for fine print, but her abrasive demeanor was annoying. Plus, the room wasn't overly clean, beds not the best, free Wifi signal was poor so we couldn't always connect, breakfast was pretty bad with biscuits that were impossible to tear open much less chew and swallow, cold gravy... the cinnamon rolls were good but there weren't enough to go around. I would not recommend this hotel based on quality alone for the price, but especially because of the customer service.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank WELOVEOAHU
Leana W, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Covington, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear WELOVEOAHU,

I would like to thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express - Covington, Ga. I hope that you enjoyed your tour and your time in Covington! I do apologize for the issues that you experienced during your stay. To receive a special rate our guests must call the hotel directly and request the rate, I do apologize that we are not able to change rates booked online. We also charge an extra person fee for the third and fourth adults in a room (persons over the age of 16). I will bring this to the attention of the hotel management. Please contact me directly at leana@hiecovington.com or 770-784-9200 ext 505 to further discuss the details of your stay. I hope that next time you are in Covington you will give us another try!
Farmingtion, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

I travel on business 3-4 days per week, and stay at Holiday Inn's around the country and Canada each week. I arrived at 1:30 am on 3/25/2014, and was put into room 322. Nice room, but no shampoo or hair dryer. The place was full, but when I went to wash up, the water did not get hot for approx 10 minutes. I called down to the desk attendant and asked if they can get me a hair dryer and he said they don't have any extras. Although the sign in the bathroom clearly indicates "if any part of you stay isn't satisfactory. We promise to make it right or you won't pay for that part of your stay," that isn't what this hotel does here. I told the desk attendant the following morning about the water, no shampoo or hair dryer and indicated that for 155.00 per night, I would expect that each room is equipped with the amenities indicated on the website. I asked if she can take some off the room, but she said no. When I referred to the sign indicating their commitment to making things right, she said I would have to call the manager back when he arrived later that morning. I won't stay here again, and my recommendation for other business travelers is to stay elsewhere too- Dissatisfied Platinum Member C# 66412815

Room Tip: Stay away from all Holiday Inn Exp elevators
Green Features: Good. When the hotel doesn't provided shampoo or hair dryer, it makes sense they are reducing their carbon foot print by saving plastic in the landfill and reduction in coal for the electricity I didn't use drying my hair.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Richard D
Leana W, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Covington, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Richard D,

I do apologize for the issues that you experienced during your stay with us. I will bring all of your concerns to the attention of the Housekeeping Supervisor and hotel staff. I would like to thank you for being a Platinum IHG Rewards member and for staying with us. We will be working with our staff to correct these issues. Please contact me directly to further discuses your stay, leana@hiecovington.com. Thank you for your valuable feedback and we hope the next time that you are in Covington you will give us another try!

~Leana
Eureka Springs, Arkansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

When I checked in, I was given the AAA rate. When asked if this was the same as the on-line rate, she said she didn't know what that rate was (Which is bull of course because people check in all the time with on-line reservations) and that I should be happy she took $10 off the room rate. I pulled out the phone and checked. The on-line rate was $26.60 less.

I am very brand loyal. On this trip, I stayed at HIExpress on all four nights out on the road. In three of them, I was given the on-line rate when I walked in the door. I won't be back and you should avoid this one as well.

An added insult was the fact that they didn't prepare enough cinnamon rolls to serve their guests in the morning. Those of us in the last half hour didn't at least have the opportunity to savor one of the trademarks of the brand.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Rick F
Leana W, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Covington, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Rick F,

I do apologize for the issue that you experienced during your stay. I would like to tank you for staying at our property and for taking a moment to provide your feed back. I will share this information with my team. Please contact me directly to further discuss the details of your stay: leana@hiecovington.com

Leana W.
Director of Sales
Also consider these accommodations in or near Covington
Hampton Inn Covington
Hampton Inn Conyers
Hampton Inn Conyers
#2 of 15 in Conyers
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Atlanta - Conyers

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Covington? Share your experiences!