“Thumbs up for this BBQ place”
Review of Kelly's BBQ

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Kelly's BBQ
Ranked #77 of 143 Restaurants in Covington
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I would try it again, I am not a bbq fan but this was good, lots of chopped pork on the sandwich but what I really liked was the sauce, it was vinegary and did not sit on top it co-mingled with the pork.

1  Thank Kesterkester

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Extremely nice people, and the BEST onion rings! I always get the chicken tender basket, and it's great.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

I like trying new BBQ restaurants and am glad I tried this one. The sandwiches were the way I like them, chopped and heated in sauce. I like them wet and even add more sauce to make them almost soggy. The sauce and meat were great, even excellent to my taste. I tried the beans and fries. Fries were great but unfortunately I didn't taste the beans before I performed my usual ritual. I pour a good bit of the BBQ sauce on the beans and mix. They were certialnly good this way but I don't know how they are straight from the kitchen.

The restaurant was very clean and staff were very nice. It was all I could want in a BBQ restaurant.

Reviewed May 8, 2011

This joint is really in Walnut Grove, GA but has a Covington zip code. It was once the only restaurant in town & yet I would sooner have gone hungry than eat there. Thankfully it was sold to new owners & is much, much better. The is actually good now.

Reviewed May 13, 2007

alpo. very uninspired bbq, almost ground chunks of meat in a sloppy over sweet sauce that tried to hide the tasteless meat. stew was better but there is no excuse for having a bbq joint with such a miserable sandwich. some one needs to tell the owner that just because it's hot doesn't make it good. if you like wet bread this is the place for you. it was so bad that it was just short of making me a vegetarian. most places i'd try to say i caught them on a bad day or they were busy but there was no one else there hardly, and the bbq at this place could suck the paint off a fire hydrant from forty yards. i can't imagine what would happen if they ever got crowded, as the service was not only slow but unresponsive. there is much better out there, and close.

5  Thank Bbqman3341