“A tad steep but tasty southern lunch.”
Review of Jim Stalvey's

Jim Stalvey's
Ranked #15 of 138 Restaurants in Covington
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

My 1st visit w/a friend to Stalveys. I had tasty chicken livers w/delicious gravy, refreshing cucumber salad, great tea, & THE BEST Cornbread. My sweet potatoes were OK.. Sugar sweet! I would have preferred a more Brown-sugar taste. I thought $7.99 was a tad steep for 1 meat & 2 Veggie w/no drink! But... The place was packed for lunch w/amazing service. I would absolutely recommend it AND go back!! I can't wait to take my husband.

Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

Have been going here for more than two decades and it used to be fabulous. In the past at night and especially on weekends the place would be packed. On a recent friday night we found the place about 75% empty. But we were delighted to find prime rib once again offered as a special. Years ago we would go there just for the prime rib and it was always awesume but several years ago they stopped offering much to our dismay. However we continued going for the terrific steaks. Unfortunately this return to the menu was a total disappointment. The prime rib was flavorless and a bit chewy. Not very good. On the other hand one of us ordered a filet and it was wonderful and a great value. Would go again but not go out of our way as we always did in the past. Bring us back the old Stalveys Jim.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

I ate here three times over the weekend of April 25. The food was great. The service was friendly and attentive. I was sorry to find it closed on Sunday which would have been my fourth visit.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Have eaten here many times. It is a rustic "old-school" type of place. They serve consistently good country style food during lunch and very good steaks in the evenings. They have a variety of vegetables and meat choices during lunch. In the evenings they have the typical steak house menu. Prices are very reasonable. Can't go wrong with a visit to Stalvey's.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We eat at Jims once a month or so it's always pretty good the people are nice and the service is usually good. He's had several places over the years and I keep trying them all but the first one( Smoking Jims BBQ was the real deal, a hole in the wall edgy BBQ joint that everyone loved. I keep hoping that he'll duplicate Smoking JIms but so far that hasn't been the case.