“Good food, great selection”
Review of Jim Stalvey's

Jim Stalvey's
Ranked #15 of 137 Restaurants in Covington
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Reviewed November 5, 2013

So many choices! From the extensive daily specials to the menu selections. I went with locals from the area, and they said everything was good, so I took a chance a tried a new menu item they hadn't seen..Rocky Mountain Chicken. Yum! Grilled chicken brushed with BBQ Sauce and topped with grilled onions and cheese. They vegetables and Mac & cheese were also good. We were in a group of 14 and everyone was pleased with their meal. They seemed a little short staffed, but our group was taken care of nicely.

There are newer reviews for Jim Stalvey's

Reviewed October 15, 2013

They have a new daily menu of specials each day - a meat and 2 sides for $6.99. Meat choices are good whether you want fresh fish, chicken, beef or even BBQ they have lots to choose from and the veggie selection can make it hard to pick just 2.

If you want something off the regular menu there are lots of other good choices. Steaks, burgers, seafood and chicken choices, plus some tasty salads too.

Stalvey's has a regular spot on my dining choices list because everything I've ever had is good. The staff has been here a long time and they know their regulars, but are also friendly and helpful to folks coming from out of town with questions - menu or what to do while visiting - they're happy to help.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

My wife and I like their vegetable options for lunch - 1 meat and 2 veggies $7.99. On my recent visits, the food has still been okay, but the level of service has sunk. It's like the waitresses are in the back cooking as well as serving tables. On our visit, it took over 10 minutes just to get our drink order, and it was NOT crowded. Then another 10 minutes before we could place our food order. When I checked out, the cashier asked "was your food okay?" I responded "food was okay, but service was too slow." She did not even acknowledge the comment. She gave me my change and said thank you. I would have expected something simple like "I'm sorry it took so long, we won't have enough staff here till 4 pm" or something like that. But to ignore my comment is unacceptable. There are too many other places to eat that appreciate my business and comments. If you don't want to know how things are, don't ask.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

After reviewing the lunch specials, decided to go with the St Simmons Shrimp, grilled with Cole Slaw and Green Beans. Our waitress was very cordial and got our food out in short order. The shrimp were very good, as were the beans and slaw. We tried the Jerk Chicken Salad as an appetizer and were pleasantly surprised. While not what I experienced while in Jamaica recently, it was good with a generous serving of chicken.

Another good experience and will definitely be back.

Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

My family and I have been several times. The food is always good and the customer svc is always BAD. You have to wait for staff to stop talking to their friends and if you complain it won't change anything.

1  Thank dunham08