“Stunning place!”

The Twelve Oaks Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Covington B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a couple of nights in the Frankly Scarlett Suite. We were more than impressed with the beautiful grounds and lovely decor. Everything had that old fashioned charm but modernized to give you a very luxurious feel. The owners Nicole and John were so welcoming. They told us to make ourselves at home, and they meant it. The bed and breakfast is within walking distance to the adorable Covington Square which had fantastic food and cute little shops. I would recommend this to any and everyone. I hope to come back here someday. It is for sure a little slice of heaven.

Room Tip: The Frankly Scarlett Suite has a view out the front window and an exquisite walk in rain shower! Lov...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
TheTwelveOaks, Assistant Catherine at The Twelve Oaks Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2015

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I loved reading about how you felt like you found a little slice of heaven. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope you'll come back to stay with us again!

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Gracious hospitality and southern charm best describes the experience the Newton Medical Center Auxiliary gala committee had at The Twelve Oaks Bed and Breakfast. Nicole and John hosted the 2013 annual spring benefit for Newton Medical Center and according to the 350+ patrons, it was the "perfect venue" for our "Evening in the Mystic Garden". They were wonderful to respond to our every need to help us fill this evening with beautiful memories. Everyone enjoyed touring the home before entering the tents in the spacious back yard. The setting lends itself to fun, happy occassions.

'

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for taking time out to write about your stay! We loved being able to host the Newton Medical Center Auxiliary gala here for y'all and we're so glad to hear that you had a lovely time. We hope you all will come stay with us some time!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

My Buisness partner and I stayed a night Here in Kathrines mirror image suite and we have to say it was beyond amazing!!! Nicole and John have kept most of the original interior but re furnished it to make it shine more but still hold that aintique look. It is so beautifully decorated and has such a calming feeling to it, you can't help but relax yet you feel like your living in the 1800s which is so exciting. Not to mention the different style showers and tubs with instant hot water was just so massaging. My finance and I have Definetly decided to make The Twelve Oaks our place for our wedding. Between the warm smiles and the great southern hospitality, there's no place like it!!

• Stayed: May 2013

Your review just made my day. I loved reading how you loved your stay so much you couldn't believe you actually left. Thank you so much for taking time out to write about your stay! We can't wait til you come visit us again!

Reviewed May 5, 2013

I have stayed at The Twelve Oaks Bed and Breakfast twice. The last time was in April 2013 and my husband I really enjoyed our stay. Nicole and John are wonderful hosts and really make you feel at home. We love Covington and The Twelve Oaks Bed and Breakfast and will always return.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Skyeguy2010

Thank you so much for your amazing review! It was so nice to read about how you love coming here and will "always return." We are so glad you loved it and we'd love for you to visit again!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I am proud to say that I was one of the first guests at this Magical place! (At least after it opened lol) Back in October, my mother had been suffering from light mini strokes and she wanted to get away for little while. We have always been travel buddies, so I suggested we find somewhere not far from home that would be relaxing for her. I am a huge "Vampire Diaries" fan and just happened to see that it was filmed in Covington, where "In the Heat of the Night" was also flimed. My mom said she would love to go somewhere quaint, so I started looking for hotels. When I saw the pictures of Twelve Oaks, I noticed that it was absolutely amazing, but didn't see where I could book a room yet. I tried back in a week and there was rooms available ( I found out later, that we stayed there just a couple of weeks after they officially opened! I felt so lucky to have found the perfect place for my mom to get the relaxation she needed.
When we arrived, it took my breath away! The landscaping and house view is amazing! We were really early, so they were not expecting us. They welcomed us, nonetheless and John offered to carry all of our luggage up the stairs to our room. Nicole seemed as excited for us to be there, as we were to be their guests. They recommended a great place for lunch in the town square while they finished getting our room ready. Upon returning, the room was amazing...we stayed in the "In the Heat of the Night" Suite that has a little enclosed porch off to the side. Our window from the 2nd floor, had a view of the trees and the wooden swing from the left side of the house. It was very peaceful. Nicole and John were so friendly and welcoming and told us there would be cheese and wine at 5. Because of our tour with the Vampire Diaries group, they said they would serve it later than usual just for us.
For supper they recommended Amichi's Italian and it was yummy! When we were back from supper, they had turned down the bed and brought us water and chocolates! The next morning we were served a FABULOUS breakfast! French toast with blueberries and also eggs, sausage, juice, coffee.....it was great! Nicole was an awesome cook! We wanted to take a tour of the house, but didn't want to impose. It was like they read our minds because they offered us a tour along with a few others who had made an appointment to do so. I didn't realize that there was a whole other floor to the house (at least not a floor that was as spacious) until I saw it. The home is just amazing and Nicole and John told of their renovations to make this B & B a total success. They worked so very hard and it totally paid off!
I can't tell them enough how we appreciate them! They even let me take as many pictures as I wanted of the house and grounds to share with my friends and family back home. This house was featured in an episode of "The Vampire Diaries" (season 2, "Memory Lane") and also in "In The Heat of the Night" (Season 3 Murder most Ancient). I am sure it has been featured in several other productions. Nicole works so very hard to make sure that your stay is as great as it can be!! I enjoyed every minute of it! Not only was this place a dream place to stay, but the whole town was just like something out of a movie!
I am getting married in the Fall and my fiance and I plan to spend our wedding night here before flying out the next day for Mexico. I just know it will be amazing!
Bottom line: Stay here at the Twelve Oaks when you visit Covington! You WON'T regret it!!

Room Tip: All rooms are amazing! If you want a front view of the wide porch and the oak trees, stay in the Fra...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

I absolutely loved reading your review! We're so glad that you and your Mom were able to have a getaway and chose to come stay with us. Thank you for sharing your experience and we hope you'll come stay with us again!

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Nicole and John are amazing hosts!
We stayed in the Heat of the night room on the first floor which was lovely, comfy bed and fireplace which we could turn on by the press of a button. Great breakfast and even some cheese and wine in the afternoon. Would definitely stay at the twelve oaks again we met some great people who we will stay friends with forever!
We travelled from the Uk and couldn't have asked for anything better.... Very pleased.

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful experience with us! We're so glad that you had a great stay with us and that you made lasting friendships with staff and guests. We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I want to say that I am going to be as honest as I can in this review, because the purpose is to help people decide whether or not they want to stay here.

We booked two nights here for the past weekend. This was a girls trip getaway trip. We are both huge vampire diaries fans and wanted to stay in Covington and thought everything looked wonderful at this Bed and Breakfast.

I want to share the positive points first.

The place is just as beautiful on the outside as it is in the pictures. It will truly take your breath away when you first arrive. Also it is a great location, within very short walking distance of the "covington square" which was the main part of town (and where most of the vampire diaries was filmed-including the Mystic Grill and most of the casts houses).

Now that parts we were not so pleased with:

I think this might be a better fit for someone of the older generation. We are both in our 20-30s and it was just not what we were imagining. Some of the other reviews said that they were pampered and treated like royalty. We didn't really experience any of this. My friend is pregnant, so we had to ask for some assistance in carrying her bag upstairs. They did with no problem, but I had to carry my own, two suitcases up a flight of stairs, and we had to ask for them to help with hers. We had been staying at hotels on the way to this location, and we were asked if we wanted assistance before we could say we needed it. With all the reviews of this place, we thought it would be offered.

The house is a little bare on the inside, no rugs or anything which made the house very quiet. Like you could hear a pin drop. At one point, we were whispering in our room because we felt like we were disturbing everyone.

We had to call and discuss some things at night, because we were trying to be nice, but were a little unhappy with our stay and we were told "it was getting late". The issue is that around 11pm we wanted to take showers and there was no hot water! Like no warmth to the water at all, it was ice cold. We didn't feel comfortable after the original exchange to call and complain. I understand they have normal lives, but we paid around $200.00 a night for a stay that we felt so awkward about.

Nicole was going to make breakfast for us early because we had an appointment at 9, which I thought was very nice of her to do, but we were made to feel a little uncomfortable about that too, as if we were inconveniencing her, when we actually paid for the service. It was included in our room amount. But I will say it was nice of her to try and make breakfast early for us. We ended up not being able to stay because we had to leave for our other appointment.

We decided to lose our money on the room and go stay at the Sheraton in Atlanta for the night, because of the vampire diaries eyecon convention. We were that dissatisfied with our stay. We did ask once if we could get our money back, but accepted that we couldn't. I am a business person myself, so I know the makings of a small business.

I do think that some people would enjoy the stay here. I don't want this to come across negative, but I just want to let other people who may be looking for the same experience as us, what to expect. If you were just wanting to relax and hang around the room, this would be a good place for you. We were wanting something a little more fast paced and this was not the location for us.

When this review was originally posted, Nicole took to the twelve oaks face book page to talk about about us and say untrue things. I just thought that was very unprofessional for a business owner to do, and so I thought it warranted a mention. She did however take it down after a conversation with my friend who went with me on this trip.

I want to state again that I am not being negative, I am being truthful about MY experiences.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank Jessicka A
designernicole, Owner at The Twelve Oaks Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

We try very hard to make sure that everyone has a wonderful experience here. If there was any indication from you that you had concerns about your stay, we would have gone above and beyond to address them. When you contacted me during your stay, you told me that you had found out about the Eyecon convention and party in Atlanta and that you wanted to see if you could cancel your hot stone massage and your stay the following night so that you could attend the party and not have to drive afterwards. I explained that we could not give you a refund for a last minute cancellation and asked you if you were happy with your stay. You said that it was great, but that you just wanted to go to the Eyecon convention and asked if I could try to reschedule the message for an earlier time.
At the Twelve Oaks, we try to go above and beyond. One of the examples of how we did that for you is that we made breakfast at a different time than we normally do. I was very surprised you didn’t show up for breakfast knowing that we were making it at a special time just for you. I wish you could have experienced the breakfast that our guests rave about! Another example of how we went above and beyond is that you had asked prior to your visit if you could book a hot stone message and split the hour between two people instead of paying for two 30 min. messages, which would be more expensive. I was able to get the message therapist to agree to that for you and told you we’d be happy to do it. After working this out for you, you wanted to cancel the message the night before and I told you that you would not receive a refund because the massage therapist had held that time specifically for you. You then asked me to call the massage therapist to try to get an earlier time because you didn’t want to lose the money for it. I called the massage therapist at least three times for you after 10pm the night before your massage. She did not answer the last time I called and I suggested that it was getting late and that we could try again in the morning.
At Twelve Oaks, our top priority is making sure each guest feels welcomed and completely pampered whether it is assisting with luggage, serving wine & cheese, placing chocolates in your room in the evening at turn down, etc. I know that John assisted you that day with your luggage. Guests rave about John and his southern hospitality and what a gentleman he is.
Guests of all ages love The Twelve Oaks. Whether you are in your 20’s or 30’s and come here to get a glimpse of shows or movies being filmed or whether you are a family traveling or retired, guests of all ages have told us they feel we have something for everyone. The owner’s are in their 30’s.
I am sorry that you did not have a hot shower. When we did the renovation, we installed 90% new plumbing including 220 gallons of hot water heaters to ensure that we never ran out. If you would have told us there was an issue (which you did not), we could have checked on the water heaters to see what the problem was and would have seen that one of the tanks had shut off. We realized it the next morning, turned on the tank and all was fine after that. I wish you would have communicated the problem to us so that we could have addressed it during your brief stay.
You can see all of our gorgeous antique rugs in the pictures online. We don’t have rugs absolutely everywhere because most people enjoy seeing the beautiful original hardwood floors. There were 13 people staying in the house the night of your visit. The house is very quiet because we have 175 year old, very thick plaster walls and about 4-5 feet of crawl space between each floor. If you stand in the first floor and yell for someone upstairs, they won't hear you at all (believe me, I’ve tried and I get a workout running around). Our guests love that the house is so quiet that you can't hear your neighbors and they can't hear you; it makes for a very relaxing trip and some people have told us they've slept better here than they have in years. I assure you that you don't need to whisper in your room so that people don't overhear.
We are nice folks around here; if you were having a problem, all you would have had to do is say something and we would have done whatever we needed to make your stay great. We always go above and beyond to make sure our guests are happy.

I think the bottom line is that you were unhappy that you didn't get a refund for your massage and room that you wanted to cancel at the last minute so that you could go to the Eyecon party on Saturday in Atlanta and not have to drive, which is what you told me and told John when you tried to get a refund. Your review written for the Mystic Falls tour even says that the tour operator was helping you to get rid of a room that you overbooked, which is consistent with our conversations and with what I've written. With Facebook, I never mentioned you; I said that we had our first ever bad review and it was upsetting because things you said it in were not true and I asked our many other happy customers to please write us a review if they hadn't done that yet.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Covington
Hampton Inn Covington
Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort
Travelodge Covington
Travelodge Covington
#5 of 9 in Covington

Been to The Twelve Oaks Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!