“Fabulous Food!!!”

Mama Maria's Italian Grill
Ranked #25 of 136 Restaurants in Covington
Cuisines: Greek, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Mama Maria's Italian Grill offers homemade Mediterranean and Italian dishes in Covington, Georgia.
Social Circle, Georgia, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous Food!!!”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I love the bruschetta,(greek style) both kinds and also the Lasagna is fantastic, the salads are fresh and crisp and the bread is hot. There is usually enough to take home and enjoy another meal. The service is really good too! Parking is ok, I usually go at lunch time and have always found a spot.

Visited August 2012

Cary, North Carolina
“Excellent Italian Food”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Mama Maria's is a great place to dine in Covington, GA. The food is excellent and the service very good. My only complaint is the wine list. I have not been able to find a good wine offered by the glass. Some of the bottled wines are a good value but are more than I want.
This week I had the canneloni which was very good. The salad was crisp and fresh. One of my colleagues had a custom made pizza which hre raved about. Another spaghetti and meatballs which he also enjoyed.
Many of us dining at the restaurant are on temporary assignment to Covington. We gravitate to Mama Maria's on most days. You can't go wrong there as the food is always good and a good value.

• Visited October 2012
Honolulu
“Wish we had one at home!”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We were just spending the night in town on our way to Durhamtown and happened upon this restaurant. We were very surprised that they had such an extensive menu ranging from pastas, to hoagies, to Greek food, including gyros. We shared a pasta, hoagie, and salad and all were excellent. The prices were also very reasonable. The only thing was that they charged us a few extra dollars for sharing. Never heard of that, but didn't complain because the prices were so good anyway. Also had the house wine, a Cabernet, which was also surprisingly good. We could have eaten there everyday for a week no problem. Service was friendly and efficient.

• Visited August 2012
Atlanta, GA
“Excellent Service and Good Italian Food!”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I have eaten at Mama Maria's several times, and the service here is always excellent! The wait staff is very attentive, making sure that your drinks are always full, and there are plenty of delicious, hot breadsticks always at your table - even when you have a very large party! The food is very good - I usually get the manicotti, or the eggplant parmesan, and they are both top-notch. At alot of restaurants, the eggplant parm can get soggy under the marinara - but not here - it's always crispy under the marinara and cheese! Plus, the servings are huge - I always end up taking home a to-go box. I would definitely recommend Mama Maria's!

• Visited August 2012
stillkc
“Nothing special”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I was told the food was good here. Well all I will say is the word average supplies in every sense of the word.

The food was average. I tried the eggplant parmasana. There was nothing special about it. The taste and texture were average.

Service was average. I was not made to feel special but it was flawless if a bit slow.

Need a meal and want italian this is the place but olive garden would be about the same. This just was closer.

1 Thank stillkc