“Nice stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Covington
hereandthere
“Nice stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Another business trip brought me to this area and so I chose this Hampton Inn nestled between Atlanta and Madison, GA my destination for business, in the town of Covington, GA (This is the town where the original Dukes of Hazzard TV show was filmed). You can see the hotel from Rt 20 and is off of Rt 142 and is easy to find. It seems that this site was originally going to be a larger development possibly with more hotels judging on the unfinished inlets and outlets of pavement leading to no where. Catering to the business park residing behind the hotel property would of been the initial idea here I believe but who knows. I regress, getting back to the stay...The staff was very welcoming and offered up suggestions for area restuarants for dinner since I checked in around that time which was appreciated. The room I stayed in was on the 3rd floor and was set in the back which was fine overlooking the pool. However, the room was either near the elevator or some other mechanical (maybe even plumbing) room because there was a loud noise that kept happening often but I didn't make a fuss about it. The next morning I made my way down to the breakfast area which had the usual eggs and some type of sausage (turkey I believe) both were luke warm to cold, again, I should of made myself a waffle but I had to get to work. Overall, this was a nice place to stay and would come back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Brunswick, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

This has become my UGA gameday hotel. I live in Southeast Georgia (5 hrs. away), so when I may the trek to Athens during football season this has become my stop. I enjoy staying here because you do not have the 2 night minimum like you will have in Athens on game weekends. I always get a good nights rest, continental breakfast area is vice nice and spacious, and every aspect of the hotel is always clean. Would definitely recommend this Hampton Inn in Covington, GA.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank dawgfan0621
ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

If you stay in Covington, GA the Hampton Inn is excellent. It is new, clean and has a pool.I requested a higher floor and had a very comfortable king bed.the staff was nice and helpful. I'd like to put a scout out for employee David. He was great! I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013
Elmira
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

This is a terrific hotel - and just minutes away from the beautiful historic Covington ... where the hit TV show The Vampire Diaries is filmed! The hotel offers lots of basic amenities to meet all your needs while being affordable enough to spend your dollars on the fun sites nearby.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Christine C
thousand Oaks, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Great quality stay for the rate. The location was perfect for the trip reason. Would stay again for convenience and service. Not a preferred hotel for my company but due to no preferred hotel; glad Hampton was in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

very close to shops restaurants and interstate as well as ATLANTA downtown . we were at a local soccer tournament and stayed here because it was close to the championship and the other soccer families stayed here - great breakfast for the athletes

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is the third Hampton I stayed this summer. I almost just give it 4 stars, but the staff was so good. That extra star belong to her! Sorry I am so bad at names. But she was the only one at the counter at noon on 8/22/13 when we first arrived to drop my son off to Oxford College. I had the reservation but the check in time was 3. We arrived early hoping to drop off some stuffs from the fully loaded car, so we could get space to shop for the big stuffs for my son's first dorm life. But we were too early and the hotel was too full to accommodate all the new Oxford students (move in dorm the next day) no room was ready. We were very disappointed because we needed that window of time to shop everything and move on to Nashville and St. Louis for my other two College kids. We almost drove off when the check in staff ran out to catch us and told us she found one room just finish cleaning. What a great news! We were able to do all things according to plan because of her! She earned her hotel five stars.
In addition, this Hampton lived up to all standards as other Hamptons: clean rooms, great breakfast and wonderful people. Thus it also inherit these irritate elements: 1. water pressure too low. (It can be easily fixed by install shower head for low water pressure. Mine cost only $40; 2. Shower head too high for me. I am 5 feet. Could not reach the shower head to do any adjustment. I really need a good strong shower, for I was very tired after all the driving from NJ and the dorm move in and shopping; 3. Small room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Covington
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Covington
Hampton Inn Conyers
#2 of 15 in Conyers
4.0 of 5 stars 327 reviews
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Conyers

Been to Hampton Inn Covington? Share your experiences!