“Pleasant Stay”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Covington
Jacksonville, Florida
“Pleasant Stay”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We had to come to Oxford, GA to stay for a family funeral and decided to stay at the Hampton Inn in Covington, GA. The place was very clean, the staff was most helpful. We had to ask several different people about places to buy flowers, location of funeral home, etc. They were always helpful and offered good directions. The room was spacious and clean. Everything worked well. The beds were a little more firm than I'm accustomed to so my back hurt in the mornings but I think that's just old age :) The hotel was decorated for Christmas and that was fun and pleasant. The waffles were so yummy. I even made the comment on our last day that I was sad because I wouldn't have waffles for breakfast for awhile. We will definitely stay here again. I'm already planning a spring break trip to see the family. Thanks Hampton Inn Covington for being so kind!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Greer, South Carolina
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I was traveling to Covington,Ga for a Leadership Training Class, and wanted to stay relatively close to the facility since I was not familar with this part of Atlanta.
The hotel meeted every expection. Very easy to find and extremely close to where I needed to be the following day.
Close to all stores, very clean inside the room was tastefully decorated. I couldn't have asked for more.
The breakfast was basic but provided all you would need to your day started.
I would definitely stay there again..

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Evans
Reviewed October 7, 2012

The staff was very friendly, the rooms were clean and the beds were the most comfortable I have slept in for a long time! The lobby/lounge area is like a beautiful updated living space. It was quite comfortable sitting in the lounge area watching the big screen TV while my husband and children were at the very nice swimming pool. It was very, very, clean and like new with updated fixtures and beautifully decorated. The breakfast area was very nice, but a bit crowded. This will be our first choice when we stay in the Covington area again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I stayed one night at this property while on a business trip to the Conyers area, and selected this hotel based on other reviews and location. Upon arrival, I was pleasantly greeted by the front desk staff and welcomed. I was given restaurant recommendations and retreated to my room. The hotel is rather new and fairly well maintained. Upon initial inspection, everything seemed to work fine, including the air conditioning unit which is critical in the Georgia heat. Things started to fall apart when I tried to print my boarding pass in the business center. There are two computers and only one is hooked up to a printer. Unfortunately, after about 10 minutes, I discovered that the printer connected computer did not work at all – could not access the internet and it was full of viruses. I went to the front desk and reported the issue and the staff allowed me access to their computer to print off my boarding pass. Not a huge deal, more of an inconvenience. Then I went to my room and readied for a night of highly needed sleep. I often chuckle at the little post it note at the Hampton that states “Duvet covers and sheets are clean for your arrival”, because I guess as a guest I expect clean sheets at a minimum. Well, that was not the case at this hotel. I pulled the duvet back and found the sheets to be soiled with some sort of stain right where anyone with eyes would be able to see. The sight of the stain kind of made my skin crawl a bit. Luckily, I was in a room with two beds and the sheets on the second bed were without a stain. I can only hope they were clean. Had I discovered the stain earlier in the evening, I would have complained, but it was just too late and I needed rest. Overall, the hotel was nice, but obviously the cleanliness left something to be desired.

Room Tip: Make sure your sheets are clean before it gets too late in the evening.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Coach5000
Andy H, Manager at Hampton Inn Covington, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room and I am very sorry for this experience. We take a lot of pride in our guests being satisfied and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future. I would also like to apologize for the issues you had in our business center, we have worked with our IT department to ensure all computers and devices are full working order. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again

Andy Hobbs, GM
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 15, 2012

No room service, the only places that deliver are pizza places!! Also make sure to bring your laptop or dvd player if you want to watch any movies, as they don't have a dvd player in the room. The rooms are very nice and clean. No complaints in that area! They also have a nice outside pool in the back of the hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
NZ
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We were in town for a couple of nights and very happy with our choice of accommodation. We did find it a little difficult to find at first and we were further out of the historic part of town than we had expected but the Hampton Inn was quiet and clean and the staff very friendly. The rooms were clean, the beds comfortable. We used the pool a couple of times which was also very nice and clean. The breakfast area was really lovely and the breakfast plentiful with a good variety of food.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Great place to stay and love that they offer discounts for people taking the Vampire Diaries tour! Staff were friendly, rooms were clean and the breakast was great! Will be back many times over!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jennyfrb
Also consider these accommodations in or near Covington
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Covington
Super 8 Covington
Super 8 Covington
#3 of 9 in Covington
La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Conyers

Been to Hampton Inn Covington? Share your experiences!