“Check your credit card or bank statement!”
Review of Days Inn Cornelia

Days Inn Cornelia
Ranked #1 of 1 Cornelia B&B and Inns
Augusta, Georgia
“Check your credit card or bank statement!”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

When we got home and looked at our bank statement we found that they had charged $16 for incidentals. I called to ask for an explanation and was given the run-around by the owner, saying she didn't know why I was charged but would leave a note for "him" to see if he knew why. When I argued with her she finally told me it was because I snuck my child into the room... I just don't know what to say about the level of untruth involved in what the woman was telling me. She actually seemed to have talked herself into believing it. When I pointed out that it says children stay free on their website, she pretended not to know what I was talking about. I had to go through arbitration from my bank to get the money returned. The amount wasn't significant, but if they skim a little extra from several guests it eventually stacks up in their favor.
Add that to the fact that I had to pay twice their normal rate because of the area event and it was really over the top.

There was no WiFi. The code give to us had been cancelled sometime ago. There was no USA Today as promised. The room was dingy. It had dirt packed into the bathroom corners, and peeling wallpaper. There was a hole in the wall between the tub and bed. And after all of this, the maid walked in on us getting dressed(well before check-out time).

The a/c worked well and the breakfast was ok. A few boiled eggs were served along with the pastries on Sunday morning. One bed in the room was ok but the other was very worn. There was coffee and the tv worked.

Room Tip: My impression was that this is one of their better rooms. My advise is to stay somewhere else if pos...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lynn R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
STUART
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We stayed 3 nights here while on a motorcycle trip to Helen and the local area. We will stay here again next time we come to the area. The hotel was clean and comfortable and the room was quiet. Everything in the room worked although it is an older hotel. There's a Waffle House and a gas station/convenience store right across the street. It's not a resort and there are no hot tubs or Roman bath tubs in the rooms if that is what you are looking for. It was however a great place to stay for the 3 days we were in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Natchez, Mississippi
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel once a month for a couple of years now. Although the hotel itself is older, I have always had a good experience. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful..my last stay the ice machine was temporarily out of service and the owners provided me with ice from their personal freezer so that I did not have to wait for the ice that was being purchased at the store. The rooms are clean and the beds comfortable. I have traveled extensively and have seen some of the best and worst out there. I would recommend this hotel..even stay there myself a time or twenty :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cornelia
Super 8 Cornelia
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Helen
Knights Inn Cleveland
Knights Inn Cleveland
#1 of 3 in Cleveland

Been to Days Inn Cornelia? Share your experiences!