“Good value room, GREAT Staff!”
Review of Super 8 Cornelia

Super 8 Cornelia
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Cornelia
Reviewed August 21, 2012

The front desk staff was the best in a long time. Tammy was very accommodating and helpful. Their breakfast was quite nice and plentyful. Rooms were clean with a good AC, but the hallways were very hot.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 13, 2012

We needed to find a place to stay for a few days to attend a family funeral in Cornelia. I chose this motel for location and price. I knew I wasn't reserving a five star hotel but to our surprise the room we got was great! Any other place it would have cost twice as much. Morning breakfast was cherished; just what we needed. We always look for a place to sleep decently and shower, because we are out and about all day. This place fit the bill to a t and then more. The staff was what you expect in Southern Hospitality. I plan to return in the near future and will definitely stay there.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Marisa447
Reviewed July 23, 2012

It's located close to some great small towns. Management was fine to work with.
There was a variety for breakfast and it was pretty good - waffles, fresh fruit, oatmeal, grits, a few kinds of cereal.
We had a double queen room and had to fit a cot in there. The rooms were tiny. We honestly had to do some moving around to make it work. The bathroom was dirty and had some hair around the toilet and shower. When we walked in the hallways, they smelled like smoke, but thankfully our room did not. The walls of the rooms are thin, but weren't a bothersome to us. Just something I noticed.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Krista E
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I was planning on having family come stay in town for a week and I decided to stop at this hotel and book a few rooms so that it would be easier on them when they arrived. I knew that this hotel had cheap rates so I thought it would be just a matter of getting everything booked and ready. I walked into the lobby and the man at the front desk (I assume the owner) was on the phone and didn't even glance at me. I was fine with this and I waited figuring that he was dealing with important business on the phone. After he ended his call (still not even bothering to look at me) he says, "what do you want?" Not, a "hello, how are you?" or "Hi, what can I do for you?" I said I was looking to see what there room rates are. He then finaly looked at me and said that they didn't have any rooms available. At this point I didn't even want to explain what I needed because this man doesn't seem to care about his customers. I wouldn't want to put my family through the treatment that I was going through so I decided to leave and go with a different hotel. So, I can't really review the rooms for this hotel but I can tell you that the managment is horrible. I would imagin that if you managed to actually check in, and had any problems that they would not be happy to help you at all.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Jennilovesodie
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

After reading the comments i investigated the matter and found that the person working was a fill in desk clerk so i questioned him but he did not remember anything but he did say that some one had come in looking for weekly rates and we do not offer such rates in summer and that we did not have any rooms for extended stays. I have corrected the situation and we love to have your friends and family stay with our hotel, Owner

Reviewed June 16, 2012

I recently stayed here for 10 days visiting family in the area, so was only there for the nights & breakfast. I have done this for several years & always choose to come back to this particular Motel when it was Comfort Inn, then America's Best, & now Super 8. I have always received good service, altho I don't demand daily room service. I clean up behind myself, but I enjoy the quiet atmosphere & the friendliness of the staff. I always call ahead & get the best rate for the extended stays. The breakfast is simple, but what I would eat at home & the room has always been clean & comfortable. I will continue to use them as my home away from home. I have no complaints!

Room Tip: I always ask for a quiet, non smoking room away from outside doors, ice machine, & laundry. The...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank bjpain
ratelineinsurance, General Manager at Super 8 Cornelia, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2012

thank you for your review we welcome you to stay at our hotel at any time when you are in the area. kesh shroff gm.

Reviewed May 24, 2012

I had stayed at this hotel during Octoberfest when it was America's Best Value Inn, and it was clean(er) and accomodating. Stayed there last weekend for 1 night - checkin took 30 minutes and they tried to give me my contracted corporate rate that was 4 CENTS CHEAPER THAN THE RACK RATE! I then asked for AAA/AARP, and it was about $15 dollars cheaper than my corporate rate, so I took that. Computer constantly froze up - the poor kid at the front desk had to constantly call an off-site mgr. to be walked through the checkin process. Finally got to the room, found CHUNKS OF STUFF STUCK TO THE TOILET BOWL, HAIR IN THE BATHTUB AND ON THE BATHROOM FLOOR, A BIG GREASE STAIN ON THE BED SHEET RIGHT NEXT TO THE PILLOW. Couldn't have been grosser... and the housekeeper had "just cleaned that room". We slept in our clothes as we were there for only a few hours. And the noise from 4-5 doors away of a LOUD TV filled the halls and our room. They were a Comfort Inn (GPS still shows it that way - be warned) before, then America's Best Value, now a Super 8...maybe if they invest in a vacuumn cleaner, clean floor mop and a washrag, they can save it a little. Excuse me while I go chase an itch - guessing where that came from!!

Room Tip: Don't have a clue.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Disatisfied55229
Reviewed May 1, 2012

My wife and I recently returned from a trip to Habersham County in northeast Georgia. We had activities planned in Cornelia, Demorest, and Clarkesville. We spent four nights at the Super 8 Motel in Cornelia, and we found its location very convenient to all three towns. Everyone was very nice and friendly to us at the motel, and our accomodations were clean and comfortable. We will definitely plan to stay at the Super 8 when we go back to northeast Georgia.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Vance G
ratelineinsurance, General Manager at Super 8 Cornelia, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2012

thank you was your responce we at the hotel appriciate your comments,And await you next visit to our hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cornelia
Hampton Inn Cornelia
Country Hearth Inn Toccoa
Jameson Inn
Jameson Inn
#16 of 18 in Helen

Been to Super 8 Cornelia? Share your experiences!