“Totally turned A Bad experience to multiple great ones”

LongHorn Steakhouse
Ranked #7 of 51 Restaurants in Cornelia
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Arrived in Cornelia on 10/27/13 After a 12 hour drive from Hershey, PA. Checked into hotel, then went to Longhorn for dinner takeout. I ordered Outlaw steak, Baked potato & salad, Recieved order & went back to hotel. Upon starting meal I discovered a foriegn object on steak it was a metallic object approximately 2.5" long with a diameter of approximately 0.030" I removed it & set it aside continuing my meal cautiously. The next day I went back to the restaurant brought the object with me & presented it to the manager "Ben Andrews" I really wasn't looking for anything other than to inform him of what happened. But to my surprise he replaced my order in its entirety for free, Again this was not something I was looking for but it was incredibly nice of him. He explained the object was a bristle from a brush they utilize to clean the grille. and that he would take steps to insure it would not occur again. I was so impressed with him and the food quality that for the last 26 days I have had all my dinners at this restaurant. I have tried almost every menu item and was even informed by Ben of some "Hidden Menu Items" Most notably the "Rocky Top Chicken" which I can only say Does Rock! Alot of the staff now knows me by name and I am greeted warmly everytime I go there. I am scheduled to be in town one more week on business and plan to have the rest of my dinners from Longhorn while I am in town.

1  Thank n1sff

Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Upon entering during a weekday when it didn't look that busy, the hostess was nowhere in sight. After several minutes, she appeared, after several more minutes we were seated.
A waitress rushed to the table and sat at our booth. If you have read my previous entries, that is a big pet peeve of mine. I don't want a stranger sitting at my table making herself cozy. I think it is very unprofessional. She wasn't the worst server that I have ever had, but she wasn't the best! On our drink refill we stopped eating so that we would have something to wash the food down with. Our other food came out in a timely manner. We both ordered medium rare and mine was cooked right, but my husband's was not. You only get one side, so we both ordered salad. I should have ordered the dressing on the side because ours was totally saturated in dressing. My husband likes more than than I do, but even he agreed that it was way too much. Our salad was fresh and other than the delay on our drinks, the service was quick. The food was pricy for two at lunch.

1  Thank southpawcity7
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is a very popular restaurant in Cornelia; we went for lunch on Labor Day and arrived at 1:45. The restaurant was full and it took until 2:15 to be seated; by the time our order was served it was 2:45. If the restaurant isn't crowded you can get seated, served and finish your meal in about an hour. The servers and managers are cordial, but it takes time to grill steaks or chicken to order and sometimes it seems that the kitchen is overwhelmed.

I always enjoy the combo soup, salad, or 1/2 sandwich for lunch; and the Napa chicken for dinner. They do serve an excellent filet or ribeye. Fresh bread is excellent; they will serve your salad with the mixed lettuce or iceberg. Great sweet tea; wonderful soups and requests for extra broth or extra vegetables in the soup may be requested. Take out service is also good.

Our favorite servers are Joy at lunch and Ian at dinner; Lynn is an excellent location manager.

If you have an issue, tell your server and it will be resolved if possible. Just be aware there is always a wait here at prime times: weeknight dinners or daily lunches, holidays, and Sunday after church. Call ahead at 706-894-1576 to find out wait times. There is onlly one Lohghorn Steakhouse Restaurant in Cornelia, GA.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Ordered the 7-Pepper Steak Salad- Medium Rare, got the salad sooo tastey! Waitress - Kristin, noticed it wasn't Medium Rare and placed an order for another one. Who does that! Did not pay for my original salad or the take it home replacement. Manager stopped by an apologized too, awesome place to eat, love everything.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

The Longhorn in Cornelia is very much like all the others I have gone to. Food excellent and service was too. The meal was prepared as well as any steak I have eaten and was promptly served hot. i would highly recommend this as a place to eat in Cornelia