“Best place to stay for Piedmont”

Hampton Inn Cornelia
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Cornelia
Reviewed August 14, 2013

This is a great hotel close to Piedmont college. Good solid plan and furnishings. Breakfast is good and long enough that you don't have to worry about time. Friendly staff that does a good job welcoming you. Nice they are part of the Hilton Family of hotels.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We try to stay at hotels with a breakfast, just for the cost saving. Both mornings we stayed we ended up going out to eat for breakfast due to no food being available. There was only one person working the breakfast bar, which we are pretty sure why there was no tables clean nor food out. We switched rooms due to a strong smell of perfume in the first room. Unfortunately, the second room smelled like perfume also, but not so bad it bothered my child's asthma like the first room did.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for two nights while on a long weekend trip to the Georgia mountains. It was a very good experience. Good location, great staff and although construction was going on our stay was very good. Thanks Hampton Hotels......you're still a champ!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
hamptoncornelia, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cornelia, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience. We always love hearing from our guests and we appreciate your kind words regarding our property. Thank you for your patience with us as we renovate our hotel to make it a better experience for all our guests. We hope to see you return soon!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I was traveling through on business this time last year and stayed here and chose to do the same again last night. The hotel is still a quality stay. They are undergoing some renovations to the main area and the hallways but the impact on guests is limited. I read the poor review of the diamond member and I guess it's all perspective. I'm a bit of a hotel snob myself but I cannot imagine a better place to stay in the area. Room was fine and clean and quite spacious and the rate was excellent. I think I might have ended up in the exact same room. The exercise room, though smallish, has 3 or 4 pieces of equipment and they are very nice and brand new as near as I can tell. The fridge did not cool my water very well even turned up to the highest setting. That's my only complaint.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
hamptoncornelia, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cornelia, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you for the kind words and for returning to our property; we appreciate your loyalty. Our guests’ comfort and safety is my number one concern. I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our property again. Thank you.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

The room was clean. There was a TV directory, but no schedule. In a strange place - we had to guess what channel to watch. I didn't care for the breakfast. The eggs and gravy were less than edible. The staff was very nice and friendly.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 3, 2013

A great stay... the staff was knowledgeable and very nice. Ms Sarah Beth Williams was a delight to see when we came back to the room at night.... the pool was very clean and inviting. I enjoy how the consistantcy is with every stay and in other Hampton hotels... we will do it again soon... thank you for your excellent service...

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stayed at this HH recently for business as a Diamond member this by far the worst Hilton property I have stayed in. I hate to say it but the hotel is much need of a renovation that is apparently going on however by review of other post the renovations have been going on for some time now. The base boards are missing, carpet is old and furniture is really old. I had the handicap room and the bed was fine but A/C unit was way too loud and never turned off. The sink in bath was small and tub was a bit dingy. Did not eat the breakfast but typical continental fair. Gym was a total joke. I guess no other options in the area.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
hamptoncornelia, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cornelia, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are very sorry you were unhappy with our guestrooms.We are currently under renovation which is a process that will take up to 18-24 months. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. We hope you’ll stay with us again soon and tell us what you think about our improvements.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cornelia
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Helen
Super 8 Cornelia
#2 of 4 in Cornelia
Baymont Inn & Suites Helen
Country Hearth Inn Toccoa

Been to Hampton Inn Cornelia? Share your experiences!