“Cleaner than many 4 star resorts I have stayed - good for overnight trip”

Hampton Inn Cornelia
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Cornelia
Reviewed June 20, 2011

Booked a room at the Hampton Inn Cornelia on the way to drop off my son to boy scout camp in the North GA Mountains. We called and got the last room in the entire hotel. The hotel was sold out for a guests for a weekend wedding.

The hotel was very clean, actually cleaner than many resort, spa, golf hotels that I have stay in over the years. The bed and pillows were comfortable down. The front desk person was nice and courteous during check-in and during our stay asked how the room was for us. Breakfast was plentiful and the lobby was comfortable and spacious. The pool was standard pool - nothing glamourous or fancy - but clean enough for 2 hot kids in 90+ temps. There are a few restaurants nearby (mexican, pizza, longhorns, etc)and a brand new Walmart being built across the road. Great overnight stay - would stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank angelinaaatlanta

Reviewed April 21, 2011

The hotel staff were awesome! Hotel is clean inside and out! Great quiet location to Helen, GA.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2011

I recently came into the area for a wedding. Since I am a Hilton Honors member, I was looking for a place to use more points. This Hampton was much lower than others in the area, 7500 pts. per night.
I really liked the atrium, it made this rather small Inn seem much bigger. The employees were very friendly and helpful. The room was a standard Hampton Room and the free breakfast was what you would expect. This is an enjoyable place to stay as long as your expectations are reasonable.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 24, 2010

We stayed here on our way from Talladega AL to Bryson City NC. My husband left a shirt in the closet. The hotel called us to let us know and asked what we wanted to do. They mailed the shirt (using our credit card for postage) and it was at our doorstep when we arrived home. I can't say enough about the staff and the service. The shirt was special as he had bought it at the Speedway in Talladega. The rooms were clean and very comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2010

Everything was fine until I realized I left my camera charger in the room after checking out. Within a couple hours, I notified the hotel, telling the rep. which room I was in, hoping she would go get the charger & hold on to it, but she told me it wasn't her job and that she'd take a message for the boss maid or whatever. Big surprise - no charger was found when I followed up. I was told the person staying after us probably picked it up...Unless they checked in two hours after me, I don't get it... I followed up a couple more times. No charger!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2010

This is a small but very nice Hampton Inn! The front desk person was exceptionally friendly and accomodating. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable! Only one small complaint -- very few TV stations available on TV.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2009

Provides all the basics and nice, clean, comfortable accomodations. I made myself sick on all the free cookies they kept baking in the lobby. Yum.

Very spacious. I definitely recommend getting restaurant suggestions from the locals. You can find some really nice places to eat that might otherwise be hard to find.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank gemynd
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cornelia
Holiday Inn Express Helen
#2 of 4 in Cornelia
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Helen, GA
Baymont Inn & Suites Helen
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lavonia

Been to Hampton Inn Cornelia? Share your experiences!