“OLD MOTEL STYLE - KEEP DRIVING - HAMPTON SHOULD DROP THIS ONE”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Cordele
Cookeville, Tennessee
“OLD MOTEL STYLE - KEEP DRIVING - HAMPTON SHOULD DROP THIS ONE”
Reviewed December 28, 2009

We were driving home on Christmas night, and just couldnt go anymore without some rest. We always stay at Hamptons and usually, you cant go wrong. This is an older style MOTEL with exterior hallways. The room was small, but the bedding comfortable on par with Hamptons. Of particular concern was the bathroom. There were clumped up pubic hairs along the tub and wall. This obviously hasnt been cleaned in a while. We didnt use the shower since we only stayed here a few hours for some sleep.

I mentioned the hair at the desk when we checked out, and the room was comped for the night, so I cant complain too much. They did the right thing, even though I wasnt expecting that.

The breakfast was great, and the staff very friendly.

I think it's time that Hilton dropped t his property from their roster. Definitely not on par with what you expect at a Hampton Inn

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed December 6, 2009

I usually check TripAdvisor before stopping at a hotel, but this time I was too tired from traveling. We have been staying at Hamptom Inns on a regular basis, so I just assumed that this Hampton would be a great choice. When I saw that it was a older motel where you drove up to the room, I told my husband that I wanted to go somewhere else. That it would be too loud. He said that it was a hampton and that would not be the case. From 7:30 to 9pm there were four trains that passed very close to the hotel with their horns blaring! Through the night I woke up at least 6 times due to the horns. I will never stay here again and if you are a light sleeper I recomend that you do not as well. On the positive side, the rooms were clean, staff friendly and breakfast food decent. (Beware of the vending machines. My bugles were expired by 2 months.)

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Cordele hotels

Florida
Reviewed October 12, 2009

We made the mistake of booking this on the Hilton website before we saw it. There's a brand new Fairfield at the same exit for the same price, but we were trying to be loyal to Hilton.

This is by far the oldest Hampton Inn I've ever seen. It's an old motel -- probably from the 70s.. The rooms are tiny like the old motel rooms and the bathrooms are so small you can barely turn around. There are no suites, so you can't get an upgrade.

They try hard. The people were friendly, the breakfast was Hampton quality. The rooms are newly renovated and have the basic items you would expect. But the rooms are damp and feel dingy like the old motels. They just can't help it with the old building.

We also heard the train three times in the middle of the night.

I recommend that you keep driving. There are new Hamptons in exits all around this one. Hilton should take the Hampton name off this motel.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
tennessee
Reviewed July 23, 2009

My family and I stayed here while traveling to Orlando (half way point from Chattanooga TN). Everyone was very friendly and I must say the hotel rooms were spotless! Hats off to the staff great team work and it shows!!!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Knoxville, TN
Reviewed July 23, 2009

This Hampton Inn is a little outdated, but it was nice overall. There is no elevator and all of the rooms open to the outside. You have to go up a flight of stairs to get to the second floor. So, you might end up carrying heavy luggage up the stairs. Perhaps consider requesting a room on the first floor.

The staff was very friendly. The shower water was nice and hot, and the water pressure was acceptable (average, I'd say). The toilets didn't flush as well as I'd like, but they weren't the worst, either. So, if you have a baby or a child and use flushable wipes, be cautious.

The area seemed reasonably safe and quiet. I felt very comfortable getting gas at 5:00 AM just down the street.

Overall, I'd recommend this hotel if Cordele is your destination or a stop along the way. We stayed here one night on our way to Miami Beach, FL.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
Reviewed October 30, 2008

The hotel has been newly renovated with new paint, furniture, bedding, ect.

The staff is extremely friendly.

There is plenty of parking for trailers with cameras in the parking lot.

This Hampton Inn is a motel and the rooms are not sound proof. This is the second time that we have stayed at the hotel. The trains do pass close by at night with horns blairing. - The first time I heard it, it reminded me of the scene in the movie "My Cousin Vinny".

• Liked — Friendly staff
  • Disliked — Noise from trains.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank FemaleAtlTraveler
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
Reviewed September 25, 2008

In Sept 2008 we stayed at this Hampton Inn. It is the drive-up to your door hotel so an older property but the inside has been renovated very nicely. It has high ceilings so the rooms seem large. The bedding is wonderful. Staff helpful and efficient. We never heard the trains that were previously mentioned and sleep soundly. I would find his a good bargain and Hampton quality housing on the road.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple