Econo Lodge
Fairfield Inn
$69
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
All reviewsroom was cleanfirst floorfree breakfastbiscuits and gravybagelsfloridainternetpetinterstatemicrowave
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Comfortable bed and room was clean. We booked a handicap assessable room, which we got, but there were no handicap parking spaces, or we didn't see any. Maybe there were none available. I thought that a handicap parking space should be near the handicap rooms and was meant to be occupied by the guest in the handicap room. I don't think there were any at all. There were no pictures on the wall which really has nothing to do with the cleanliness and comfort, but it made the room look stark and bland. Just didn't feel the inviting comfort you hope to get when staying at a destination place. This was a stop over night for us and not a destination. Was fine for what the stay was intended.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
John D, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Duplicate review - please see previous response.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

During a recent travel from Florida to Michigan we stayed 2 days to sit out a snow storm we would have driven into. The staff was friendly, room was clean & Breakfast was hot and tasty. Beds very comfy. Only complaint is that I have a disability causing me to need a roll in shower. The check-in person put us in a hearing impaired room and when we called the manager she brought us a shower seat from a roll in shower room. Since there were 2 rooms available that I needed they should have given us one of those. I couldn't shower for two days. Other than that it is a good value for the money.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
John D, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I'm happy that you found the guest room to be very clean and the service was great however we are sorry about the confustion of the room type. Your room had two queen beds as the accessible rooms are equipped with one king bed. They brought a tub seat to your room but should have let you look at the king room to see if it would have met your needs. We will use your comments to improve our guest service and satisfaction. We hope you will give us another opportunity on your next visit. Again I'm pleased that your room was very clean and the service was excellent.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

I stayed here Tuesday night March 4 as a half way point so I didn't have to drive all the way to Atlanta late. I knew it was an older property with outside access but found the front lobby to have been nicely remodeled and the room I was given was large, well appointed and nicer than I expected. I was pleasantly surprised and looked forward to a good nights sleep....and then the trains came. I wish I'd read some of the reviews here first. I was in bed early(before 9:30pm) and was promptly woken up by 10:30pm by a train horn. I experienced no less than 5 during the night. There may have been more. The last one was approximately 5:00am. I am not an overly light sleeper...those tracks must be so close I couldn't believe it. I'm sorry Hampton Cordele but if I need to stay along this stretch of I-75 again I'll be staying further south in Tifton or further north in Perry or even Macon. I can't take those freaking trains all night again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
John D, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I'm happy that you were pleased with the condition of our Hampton Inn. We are aware of the train noise and the City of Cordele, Chamber of Commerce, Tourism, DOT & Railroads are working to make us a quiet community. This will keep the trains from sounding their horns. Again thank you for your comments on how pleased you were with our hotel and I hope in the future you give Cordele another visit.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

We had good check in and the room was clean, quiet and just all around nice. The doors are on the outside and we usually prefer on inside but it was really nice. The breakfast was nice too. We would stop again if going back through that way. The staff was very friendly. Thanks for showing southen hospitality.

Room Tip: We had an outside corner room, very quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
John D, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to complete this review of our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit!!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

I had to take a handicapped room to get ground level. First thing the door was extremely hard to open for me (not handicapped). The room was dark, dated, and in need of improvements. I needed a place to stay and was tired. Too late to look for another place.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
John D, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Thank you for your honest feedback. We are so sorry that you had a negative experience which is not the normal for our hotel. I hope that you will try us again on your next trip through Cordele so that we are able to prove to you our guest service and satisfaction.