“Just stop & go if you must.”
Review of Ramada Cordele

Ramada Cordele
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Cordele
Reviewed October 25, 2009

I read the trip advisor reviews and expected to be wowed by this wonderful hotel. It was just a regular, old Ramada Inn. There was competition among the hotels in town so the price was $54/night so that wasn't bad.

The room: outdoor corridor, small rooms, old bathroom, low ceilings making the bathroom area extremely small. The walls are extremely thin. Don't expect to not hear what's going on in the next room. The air conditioner was extremely loud. It woke me up every time it came on (it scared me it was so loud when it started).

The "antique store": really, it's just crowding up the lobby. Nothing special that I saw.

The restaurant: I read somewhere that breakfast was included but I must have been reading about another hotel. The connected Sheila's Restaurant was OK. We had 2 $4/off coupons for breakfast. For the 3 of us we ended up paying $15 for the meal. The food was OK but nothing out of the ordinary.

The town of Cordele is old and small and not much at all. The train could definitely be heard from the room.

My advice: Stop in Perry or drive on to Valdosta. There were some much better looking options there. If you have to stop in Cordele, the Fairfield Inn looked much newer and the parking lot was full so that might be a good sign

If you have to stop here, for $54/ night it was OK for a stop and go.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Ramada Cordele

Reviewed October 20, 2009

We made reservations weeks in advance at the Ramada in Cordele. After driving for 12 hours on the way to Florida, we were ready to stop and rest, and happy we had reservations. When we checked in with the confirmation number, we were told that it was issued to another person and they had already checked in. Seems the computer had been up and down recently and a glitch must have occurred. While the clerks were looking into this, several people came in to inquire about reservations and were told they were booked. We were beside ourselves as we were exhausted and ready to rest.
The clerks at the hotel went above and beyond, finding us a room in the hotel, a suite which usually rents for much more. They gave it to us at the price we were going to pay for our double. All the while the clerks were polite, apologetic and genuinely concerned about finding us a room. They definitely bent over backwards for us.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 14, 2009

The motel had ample parking in an area of mostly other motels and a few restaurants.

We were greeted by a friendly and helpful front desk clerk, but we soon discovered there was a problem with our reservation. We had reserved the room as a rewards points redemption through the Wyndham Rewards Program of which Ramada is a member. When we arrived at 7PM, we were told that the motel had canceled our reservation at 6PM because they didn’t notice that it was prepaid from Wyndham Rewards, so they thought it was not guaranteed with a credit card for late arrival. Thankfully, they did have a vacancy and still were able to provide us with a room. Had they been sold out, we would have been without a room. It seems the Wyndham Rewards process doesn’t work as well as one might expect. I made a note to personally confirm future rewards redemption reservations.

The lobby has antiques for sale, though we didn’t find anything of interest nor were we shopping for any.

I had noticed that there were train tracks across the street and asked about train noise. The desk clerk said this was one of the busiest train areas in the country and especially during the week there was a lot of activity, but the Ramada was not as close to the tracks as most of the other Cordele motels, so the noise was less of an issue. He booked us in a room on the side of the motel to help isolate us from any possible train noise. We also used a portable fan to provide background noise to mask any train noises that might occur. That worked, since we were not bothered by any noises during the night.

The large room had two comfortable double beds, a small table with two chairs, a dresser with a 25” TV, microwave, a medium sized refrigerator, a night table, clock radio, iron and ironing board. Free Wi-Fi was available, though it was the slower 11Mbps “b” type.

A separate section of the room houses a closet and a dressing area with large vanity and mirror. Separate from that is an all-in-one bathroom with medium-sized vanity, toilet and tub shower.

Though the motel did not have an on-site fitness center, the directory says a nearby gym will let you use their facility for free upon showing your room key. We did not take advantage of that, but thought it was a nice feature should we had wanted to.

Another unexpected feature was the expanded free breakfast, which along with all the usual cereal, muffin and fruit items included hot items such as sausage, pancakes, waffles and biscuits with sausage gravy.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2009

Upon arrival, the door to our room was wide open! I told my wife to wait in the car while I went in and made sure noone/thing was in there waiting for us. After initial inspection, everything was fine. We entered our room and started unpacking. Within an hour, I saw a roach walking on the wall behind the television. I thought "well, the door was wide open, maybe it just came in while the door was open." WRONG! The next night, I took FIFTEEN pictures with my blackberry of random roaches! I took a pic of FOUR roaches in the display screen of our microwave, one dead roach in our mini fridge and numerous others throughout the room. While sitting at the table having a beer, I heard my wife scream from the restroom, I jumped up to see what was wrong, and a roach had walked up her leg! I made my way to my beer and the to the telephone, when I got back to my beer, a roach had already started to make his way into my beer! The hotel staff was of no assistance and offered no alternative nor refund!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lew3spc
daherl, General Manager at Ramada Cordele, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2009

This Guest checked in on Friday, August 14 for 2 nights. He complained on Friday night and was offered to be moved to another room. He told the clerk that they were already down for the night and did not want to move. After having a problem Friday night, The Guest decided to stay another night. The desk clerk that took the complaint even contacted him on Saturday afternoon to ask if everything was ok. The Guest replied that they were fine. He left Sunday morning without coming to the front desk and never during his stay did he ask for management. After speaking with all employees involved, no complaint was logged with anyone at the hotel after the complaint on Friday night.

Reviewed July 20, 2009

This hotel was clean, comfortable, quiet, had a great pool and was an excellent value.
They did not have a breakfast bar but gave you a coupon for $4 off breakfast at the restaurant next door. Breakfast of 2 eggs, homemade hash browns, sausage and biscuits was $4.99 and most breakfast were $4.99 to $6.50. Breakfast for the two of us cost $6 with tip and was excellent.
The lobby was full of antiques--furniture, paintings, etc...all for sale. Lovely to browse and/or purchase.
The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2009

Yep...totally unexpected. The rates were lower than expected this time of year...my king, nonsmoking, bottom floor less than $60! Breakfast was first class--- fresh fruit cup? Highly recommended...

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 30, 2009

This was a stop heading home and returning car rental in Cordele, we stayed several days in Georgia and used other hotels. Our stay here was the best nights rest, procedded by a delicous meal at the ajoining restrurant. After eating here and walking thru the antique shop I was ready to book the night. Biggest surprise was the Breakfast served in the restrurant (closed to public during the Breakfast Buffet) a large display of items, plenty of tables, hot, hot food and a very attentive staff. We were in a front room facing highway, noise not a problem (air on), bright landscaping lights shining thru window treatments a little annoying, a towel fixed that quickly. Plan on staying here July, 2009. This place fit my budget, and was a surprise for the $$ charged. While not swiming on this stay, I walked around pool area several times, and the patrons seemed to be enjoying themselves a lot, pool looked and smelled very clean.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends