Ramada Cordele
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Cordele
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Room was OK but bed was lumpy and toliet was very slow in flushing. Location was good and price was fine.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Write a ReviewReviews (1,005)

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I am not sure if I jinx the hotel, or if the hotel is a jinx for me. Typically any of the Wydham products have been exceptional; this hotel, on three stays has been acceptable only on one occasion. I stayed here on March or May of this year and the mattress was horrible; I was given a free room for that stay and used the free stay on 21 Sept 2012 and the room was acceptable. After a fun yet unproductive day of fishing, I decided to spend another night; this room had hair in the bed, in the tub, on the shelf above the fridge, and on the desk.

The staff was excellent as always; they changed the linen, cleaned the tub and offered a different room. I was too tired to change rooms.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Overall experience good, but lobby was under renovation. This was okay until you wanted an essay on your hotel chain. I stay in hotels approx., 300 nights a year on business, hotels are selected by company guidelines, convenience to restaurants, and location to clients.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We travel from NC to FL 3 or 4 times a year, and Cordele is about half-way for us. We have found that this Ramada is a pleasant and comfortable stopover. The building is not new, but is well maintained. I have never had a bad room there. They serve a good breakfast, and the breakfast attendant keeps things ready. There are signs that advertise a regular restaurant, but breakfast is it. It is not the Ritz, but it is a nice, clean and comfortable motel. The desk people are pleasant and helpful, too.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We booked a double room with a sleeper sofa, as there were 5 of us Ourselves, 2 grand children & our daughter. We were very please to find those 2 double beds, were two kings & a twin sofa sleeper. We could not have been more comfortable. The TV was outdated & small for the room, but not a big issue. The hotel is old & the color of the tiles show the age.

The bedding & mattress were new and comfortable, There hot breakfast is very nice, as is the dinning area. We will stay again, if in the area

Room Tip: Ask for the suite It is worth it!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank FLORIDASIB
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stopped her on the return trip to FL 8/18/12, a Saturday. RM 116.
I do belong to Wyndham Rewards, but that apparently doesn't get you a better room.
I requested a quiet location when I made the res, and again when I checked in. The desk clerk seemed to remember my name from a previous stop. It's possible, but I didn't recall.
The lobby was jam-packed with antiques.....seemed too cluttered for me, but some of the stuff was interesting looking.
I was assigned a room on the side parking lot, across from the Golden Coral restaurant. All the rooms have outside access.
The room was large, and smelled overwhelmingly clean. This Ramada is dated. The nightstand was sticky, and there were several longish hairs on the large vanity outside the bathroom. The bathroom was extremely small, and was where the sink was located. There was 1 hand towel, 1 face cloth, and 3 smaller bath towels.
The ceiling tiles over the tub were a bit iffy, and didn't seem to fit right. A little mold on the tub caulking, The water pressure, and temp were good.
That long counter outside the bath seemed out of place. On it was a tissue dispenser, single cup coffee maker, and ice bucket . A big mirror was on the wall behind it. A full length mirror was on the adjacent wall, and was dirty/spotted. Both the bathroom, and this counter were badly stained, as was the toilet seat.
There were no electrical outlets near the bed, just on the TV area wall, and lamp across from the bed.
The Echostream wi-fi required a Royal Caribbean video commercial, and a Comcast questionnaire before you could connect. Once connected the speed was okay.
The breakfast was large, pretty diverse, with round patty egg things. Good sausage,and a great variety of offerings though. I found it odd that they had a sign saying because of food prices food was not allowed back to the room.....oops, I broke that one and brought back coffee, and a "danish". They had a tip jar.
The TV, although 32” LCD, had a terrible picture.....then I found the digital stations......the guide in the room was not accurate, and if you go by those channels (analog), the picture is horrible....you have to get up into the high channel numbers to get a good watchable picture.
The down side of this trip was other guests.
There was one car with an annoyingly loud muffler....really loud, that kept coming and going through the night.....like till 2:30 AM, complete with screeching tires. Some guests were running outside in the parking lot, and loudly talking, and something was rolled by the door a couple times...skateboard maybe??. They did settle down by 3 AM......but then the refrigerator began to gurgle. I should have left the fan going on the AC to drowned out the noise, but didn't figure that out till morning. I was again awoken at 7:15 by people mowing the lawn at the nearby restaurant. I also heard water draining, loudly, and it seemed to be behind the bed....it was in the wall....I guess the upstairs room guests were showering.
I guess it's not all the hotel's fault.
My suggestion is to get a poolside/ courtyard room.....those would be the “real quiet" ones....not what I was given as "quiet".
If you do end up with a parking lot area room....run the fan constantly to add white noise.

Room Tip: Get a poolside/courtyard room. If you get a parking lot room, run the a/c fan all the time to add wh...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank TommyTPA
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Stayed one night during our drive from Chicago to Naples, FL in August 2012. The hotel staff were helpful and the room was clean. It was a good value based upon our 10 hours spent there to grab a meal and some sleep. Would stay again based upon it being a good value.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family