“An outstanding hotel”

Best Western Colonial Inn
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Cordele
Reviewed November 22, 2012

The front desk staff were very friendly, welcoming and professional. Shortly after checking in, I was called and asked if everything was to my satisfaction (which it was). Free parking at my front door (ground floor facing main road, but quiet and very comfortable. Room was very clean and modern. Coffee and cookies available in the lobby with an excellent complimentary hot breakfast buffet and newspaper. Price was very reasonable, given the quality of the room and service.
I was most impressed.
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms are quiet and very conducive to sleep.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed November 21, 2012

We stayed here during a recent trip to FL. Directions to our room were awful. We could have driven straight to it from the front of the building, but we were told to go around the building to as far back as we could park. That took us to the pool. We had to go back out on the street through a back alley to get to the entrance. The second queen bed looked as though kids had been jumping on it. The mattress sagged in the middle so bad that it was visible across the room. There was a dime size whole in the bottom sheet. The bathroom wall paper is coming off the walls and there was hair in the corners that had not been cleaned. The toilet had black marks in it and there was a whole in the wall that needed to be fixed. The breakfast buffet was extremely good and the woman running it was very kind and attentive. My husband checked us out, but was not given a receipt for our stay. We have stayed in many Best Westerns in the United States. Our last visit was to Newport Beach. That hotel was very nice and well maintained. We won't be staying in Cordele, GA's Best Western again, but we will continue to use the Newport Beach Best Western when visiting our son.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I am a Senior Road Tripping for 6 days by myself. Staff was Great. Room was clean, BED WAS FANTASTIC!!! Seriously, Guys, I've travelled a lot & I would put that mattress in my car & take it home!!!!
The ONLY reason I cannot give it 5 stars is that I had to slep two heavy suitcases up & down two flights of stairs & that was difficult.
P.S. Next door is a drive-thru seafood place that is Awesome! Take some shrimp back to the room, bottle of wine & yummy sleep.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Well this was just one of our Best Western stops while traveling. But after the first night that we stayed at another Best Western on our trip we knew we then had to stop only at them on our trip down and back from florida. The room was very clean and everyone that worked there was very nice to talk to and helpful. The breakfast was great, lots to choose to eat and the food area was kept very clean. Thanks for having a great place to rest before another day of travel .

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I was originally attracted by their $59 a night managers special now I will drive an extra hour to stay here anytime I am doing business in this part of Georgia. While the property is a little older, it is very well maintained and the rooms are much larger than newer properties. The beds are very comfortable and the bathrooms well appointed. The free breakfast has a variety of hot dishes which are well presented, prepared and fresh. The staff of this hotel are the most welcoming and friendly I have experienced.

For business travelers the wifi and lobby computer are fast. The business center even has a laser printer and full Microsoft Office software.

Room Tip: check for the online $59 a night managers special.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 21, 2012

OK it wasn't bad. One thing I liked was the mattress. FIRM! so no complaints about that. AC? Cold which is also good. But the bathroom left a lot to be desired. They need to remodel or how about installing a exhaust fan! I hate when there is no exhaust fan. The toilet was designed for very small people, like hobbits. Once you sat you need someone to help you up. The TV was nice but with all those channels there is really nothing on anyway. So I am sure there are better places but if your on a budget, I paid $70 with a AAA discount I guess I would recommend this with the discount. Also they do provide a complimentary breakfast which really is a big plus too.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I stopped here on my way driving from Chicago to Ft. Myers Beach. Rooms are comfortable. Very reasonable prices. Killer free breakfast!! I just stayed the night and continued on. The hotel has a pool (didn't go). A good Mexican restaurant is nearby. Planning on staying here on my next trip down.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo