“You get what you pay for”

Best Western Colonial Inn
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Cordele
“You get what you pay for”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

OK it wasn't bad. One thing I liked was the mattress. FIRM! so no complaints about that. AC? Cold which is also good. But the bathroom left a lot to be desired. They need to remodel or how about installing a exhaust fan! I hate when there is no exhaust fan. The toilet was designed for very small people, like hobbits. Once you sat you need someone to help you up. The TV was nice but with all those channels there is really nothing on anyway. So I am sure there are better places but if your on a budget, I paid $70 with a AAA discount I guess I would recommend this with the discount. Also they do provide a complimentary breakfast which really is a big plus too.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I stopped here on my way driving from Chicago to Ft. Myers Beach. Rooms are comfortable. Very reasonable prices. Killer free breakfast!! I just stayed the night and continued on. The hotel has a pool (didn't go). A good Mexican restaurant is nearby. Planning on staying here on my next trip down.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Bob M
Citrus Hills, Florida
Reviewed July 27, 2012

The only thing good about this facility is that they had a very good continental breakfast - more choices than most (pancakes, OJ, scrambled eggs, sausage links, sausage gravy, biscuits, cereal, & more.)

But the room was not even average good. Not really clean - dirt residue around the beds.

Would not stay at this one again.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We have stayed at this Best Western for 9 years several times a year and have enjoyed many of our experiences (5 stars). Over the last several stays, the conditions and situations we have experienced will most likely have us searching for a new favorite hotel in the area. To begin, I need to say that the hotel staff are very helpful, nice and accommodating. The rooms have been recently updated and are attractive. The beds area very comfortable with plenty of pillows. However, here are our disappointments.... During our last two stays (end of June 2012 and middle of July 2012), the price of the rooms increased by $10.00 with no additional services and a reduction in the variety of food offered during the breakfast. We truly missed the hard boiled eggs and cubed cheeses. One staff, when questioned, stated that the manager was trying to cut corners and save money. The hard boiled eggs were replaced with an egg patty that was not comparable in quality at all. Our room during our last stay was very disappointing. The floor to ceiling window next to our door had previously been shattered and replaced with a plywood makeshift wall. Shards of glass were still in the carpet near this area which we had to remove to keep our pet from stepping on them. The dresser was dust covered, as well as the TV screen. (We could write our names on the screen). The vent to the air conditioning unit was dusty as well. We tried to wipe it off and found it was sort of stuck on somehow. The coffee pot was non functioning - but not worth reporting since there is coffee available in the lobby. The towel bar/rack in the bathroom was very flimsy and almost ready to fall off. All of this seemed very unusual for the hotel compared to our previous stays. Hopefully these issues can be addressed by management so future visitors can have a more pleasant stay. What concerns us the most is the amount of "traffic" we observed and heard late into the evening. We often heard the "thud" of a car stereo drive by numerous times, followed by a knocking at the door across the hall from us (6 or 7 times until after midnight). The stereo was loud, the knocking was loud and the noise from inside the room entailed loud laughter, arguing, people coming and going frequently and eventually door slammings and louder arguments. (This situation had all of the signs of someone selling or doing business of the not so legal sort). We called the front desk and they stated there had been complaints about the room - that we weren't the only ones and that they were trying to call but the people weren't answering their phone. The noise finally ended around 1:00 a.m. The next morning the staff reported the people making the noise left the room in the early morning hours. The staff was apologetic and tried all they could to make things better. We were very uncomfortable with the fact that there could have been less than legal activity right across the hall from us. We know that the hotel staff cannot screen and ensure everyone staying in the hotel are family oriented, but our safety throughout the night is important. We need to say that the staff reported they could not leave the office, but we felt there was not adequate security.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank TroyandTerri
Springfield, Ohio
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I made a reservation on a spur for somewhere to stay on our way thro Georgia coming back to Ohio from Florida I had stayed at all Best westerns so I wanted to stay at one in Georgia the one we stayed at in Valdosta was booked so I chose this one BIG MISTAKE first all the way down the highway to get there they advertised 59.00 I had make my res on line for 69.00 so when i arrived I asked if we could get the 59.00 price NO if you make a res thro bestwestern.com thats the price you have to pay I didnt like that but worse yet was how Dirty the room was the grounds was nice and the pool but the room where I would be sleeping was in my just plain nasty hair left behind from someone else all over the bathroom and smelled not so good either I had my own lysol and used alot of it I had reviewed for weeks for this trip and had great stays at all the other ones we stayed at but was in a hurry to get one last one for the way home next time I will not be in such a hurry cause it was not very nice but it was only one nite and we were tired so I stayed but will Never stay again and have reviewed it so everyone else knows how nasty it was

Room Tip: I would go on to Valdosta they have a clean hotel
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Bonita P
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Recently drove from South Florida to Atlanta and after 8 hours on the road saw this property on the billboard at the next exit. It was 9 in the evening. Decided not to try and drive the other two hours to Atlanta.. Lovely property with terrifc staff and amenities. Full complementary breakfast and surprisingly all of the rooms were $59. You cannot go wrong staying at this property.
C. Robinson

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Tampa Bay
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I previously stayed here in March 2011 and recommended it for one night. My recommendation remains pretty much the same. We arrived late and left early and were on the premises for only about seven hours. Once again our room rate of $59 was less than what we booked on the Web site. Apparently all rooms are that rate, which is the same as at the nearby Ramada. Our nonsmoking room was located to the rear of the hotel and the train noise was not as prominent. The room was clean and contained a fridge but no microwave. My only real complaint pertained to the shower lever, that was loose and threatened to come off in my hand. It was difficult to turn the shower on and difficult to turn it off. What is it about nonsmoking rooms, that often seem to have malfunctions? I did report the problem on check out. Breakfast once again was great, including egg patties, sausage gravy, biscuits, link sausage, and fresh strawberries mixed in with the canned fruit. The eating area is small and food is set up in different stations for crowd control. I will likely stay here again, since it is the halfway point to my customary destination and I can obtain reward points. There is a wide choice of accommodations at this exit and this hotel is a good midrange choice.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple