“Never again”

Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Cordele
Atlanta, Georgia
“Never again”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

The bed was clean and I had a good night's sleep.

I don't mind a noisy air conditioner. My experience has been that a constant noise can help drown out noise from outside. I don't mind a mild moldy smell. With my sinuses, after a few minutes it will go away. I don't knock a hotel for a roach in the bathroom. Bugs are something you really can't completely control. But a spider web on the curtains is a pretty clear sign that somebody is not cleaning on a regular basis.

I don't mind a hotel with a pool that is closed. I wish it was mentioned on their website, but I appreciate that they have it very clearly noticed on their front desk before you check in. The sign has been there long enough that folks have doodled on it, which makes me wonder why it is not mentioned in their web ads, but still not a big deal. Pools are expensive to operate and maintain. But a pool that is so green with algae that it is floating in clumps on the surface and not covered up is not OK.

What I really mind is staff at the front desk who act as if I am intruding when I interrupt them watching their soap opera in the afternoon. (This desk is a regular nest of old magazines and clutter, like the printed notice about the pool being closed.) I do mind being told why my reservation is more difficult to enter because it has to be retyped exactly like it was entered. (If I don't tell you about my job difficulties, I probably don't want to hear about yours.)

The staff person in the morning was friendlier. She said "hello" to me as I went into the office as she sat outside with her boyfriend while he smoked a cigarette. I appreciate that he wasn't smoking inside. The breakfast "buffet" consisted of regular coffee, sugar, and non-dairy creamer, along with some packaged sugary coffee cakes, bananas, toast and jelly. About what I had expected.

You won't have to worry about me intruding again.

Room Tip: If they haven't covered it up, don't get a room facing the pool.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank SouthernTrvlr

Travelers are raving about these Cordele hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Travelers also viewed these Cordele hotels
Ramada Cordele
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#9 of 16 in Cordele
Baymont Inn & Suites Cordele

Been to Motel 6 Cordele? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Motel 6 Cordele

Property: Motel 6 Cordele
Address: 2109 E 16th Ave, I-75 Exit 101, Cordele, GA 31015-5312 (Formerly Hotel Melon)
Location: United States > Georgia > Cordele
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Cordele
Hotel Class:2 star — Motel 6 Cordele 2*
Motel 6 Cordele is conveniently located off Interstate 75 near Georgia Veternans State Park and golf course. Free Wi-Fi available in all guest rooms, and select rooms have micro-fridges. Seasonal outdoor pool and coin laundry facility onsite. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Motel 6 Cordele reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Cordele Days Inn