“Could compete in the big city!”
Review of El Girasol

El Girasol
Ranked #7 of 54 Restaurants in Cordele
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We've been to Cordele several times. It's about halfway from my son's home in Florida, but we've never been to this place. We usually just stay on the main drag that comes off the interstate. This time we decided to drive around to see what we could find.
This little place is in a strip mall in town, and you'd never know it was there, except for all the parked cars. Folks, the locals love this place. Two ladies walking in with us said"You won't be sorry you came", and they were right. It's family run, decorated nicely- spic and span clean, and the food is to die for. The chips were the best ever, with a slightly nutty flavor. The sauces were good, too. I had taco salad, and hubby had a burrito with fixings. Both were delicious. The price was right, too.
When I asked if they were on tripadvisor, the son didn't seem to know what I was talking about. He said he might have vaguely remembered TA.
Ladies and Gentlemen, if you're ever in Cordele Ga. during lunch or dinner please, don't miss this place. You won't be sorry you came!

4  Thank travelingrammy_10

Reviewed March 21, 2014

We got in close to closing time so it may have been the reason the meal was not what we had expected. The chips and salsa was very good and enjoyed the friendly service. We would try it again.

1  Thank rollinsthomas
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We were driving north on I75 and picked this place based on good TA reviews.....we were not disappointed. Typical decor, family owned and operated, large portions and very good food. The restaurant was quite full....most of the clientele being locals.....a very popular spot. Chips were good, salsa was excellent. I had tacos al carbon, my wife had tacos al pastor. Both were soft corn tacos, with excellent grilled meat, with excellent beans and good rice. The tacos were served with onions, tomato and cilantro with green chili sauce....the way you get them in Mexico, not with lettuce, sour cream and cheese.....a real plus..... Highly recommend stopping here.

2  Thank Gatorgolfer
Reviewed November 12, 2013

This remarkably good mexican restaurant is hidden in a strip mall in downtown Cordele but absolutely worth searching out. Try their special Girasol or the Alhambre! Very authentic and flavorful food. Even better than my mexican restaurant back home.

2  Thank GetOutOJail
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

The food is awesome!!!! Salsa is perfect as well as there queso. My favorite dishes from here are the chimi changas, el garisol special, burritos and chullettas! (Sp check?)

2  Thank rwh103

Been to El Girasol? Share your experiences!