“Unexpected delight”

Lake Blackshear Resort and Golf Club
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Cordele
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I have passed by this area for years on I-75 and never knew it existed. I got invited to go and was amazed at this little hidden jewel. The area is serene and relaxing. A local Wal-Mart allows you to pick up whatever goodies you'll need (like insect repellent as this property is right off the lake). I especially enjoyed sitting on the screened in deck in the mornings after breakfast to read. There is also a restaurant on the property and it's reasonably priced. There isn't a lot to do in Cordele but if you're looking for a quiet little get-away, this is a nice place.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank World2uring
LakeBlackshear, Front Office Manager at Lake Blackshear Resort and Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Thank you for such a glowing review! I hope you are able to visit us again soon!

Reviewed May 30, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised by our stay here. We hadn't expected much of the 'resort' but really liked the room we had on the top floor of the lodge looking over the lake. We'd opted for this as opposed to a 'villa' as we thought it may be quieter with only 14 rooms.

We ate in the restaurant and found the service to be quick and efficient and the food to be of a surprisingly good standard. The menu was pretty extensive and we didn't have a problem choosing dishes. The restaurant itself had pleasant decor and views over the lake.

We stayed during the week and so fortunately didn't encounter the issues with noise mentioned by other reviewers.

If we find our travels take us to this part of Georgia again we would certainly consider staying here again and would recommend to others.

Room Tip: Stay in the Lodge and ask for a high floor room with a lake view.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank boodley

I agree that the view is very pretty from the lodge! If you should happen by this way again, try one of our villas. Each room has a private, screened in patio with a lake view. Some are close to Cypress Grill and those are popular on weekends, but we do have plenty that are just as quiet as the lodge!

Reviewed May 29, 2012

My husband and I wanted a quiet spot to relax with our dogs. We found this resort set in a Georgia State park on beautiful Lake Blackshear. The grounds were well kept. We stayed in one of their cottages which had 2 bedrooms and a fully equiped kitchen plus a fireplace and screened in porch. It was perfect for us and our 2 Goldendoodles. We would have liked to have had wifi in the cottage, but we were only there for 2 nights. It would have been an issue if we had stayed longer.
The restaurant was very reasonably priced, especially for a resort. My grouper with okra and tomatoes was well cooked and very nicely done. My husband enjoyed his steak - cooked just the way he liked it.
All in all, the resort was clean, quiet and the staff were great. We would come back!

Room Tip: The cottages are rustic with a bit of a walk to the resort for meals, but worth the privacy.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank foodlover54146

I'm pleased that you and your family [for pets are family, too!] enjoyed your stay! Wi-fi picks up easily in our lobby and conference center, for future note.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed our weekend get away. The rooms were spacious and had great views of the lake. A very pretty place. We stay there again in the future.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank rac31533

Thank you for staying with us and I hope you get to come back soon!

Reviewed April 25, 2012

Very nice property. Gorgeous lake views. Lots of outdoor seating and more than adequate quality food in the restaurant. The service was very good in the rooms and in the conference center.

I stayed in a villa. Not sure why it's called that because it was a hotel room. Don't you at least need a microwave to be a villa? The screened porch was wonderful. I loved, loved, loved sitting out there. Would have slept out there if it was cleaner. They need to suck up the dead bugs as some of them appeared to be prehistoric. Speaking of sleep - the bed sucked. They reminded me of beds at a cheap beach resort. They are in serious need of an upgrade.

All and all it was a nice stay. The boat cruise was wonderful. They managed to outpace the bugs. I can't say I'd go again if I wasn't summoned there for the job, but the views and food were definitely worth the stay.

Room Tip: Avoid the cottages. Cruddy!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

The view from the villas is certainly beautiful, and I'm glad you were able to enjoy the private, screened in patio. I do apologize for the insects and that the bed was not comfortable for you. Being located inside a state park sometimes means we have a little more of nature than is convenient. However, we have staff available for unexpected situations and can quickly send them to help with any issues--even insects on the porch!

Reviewed April 25, 2012

Spent two nights here with a conference, loved the view and the grounds. Pretty secluded with lots of walking places. Room are a little dated but clean and bright. Wireless Internet was pretty unusable for me, used cable to connect. I will consider stopping here again.

Room Tip: Stay at the main lodge for large balconies, great view of the lake.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Chuck C

I'm glad you were able to enjoy our lodging during your conference and hope you are able to come again! Ethernet cables are available at the front desk for any guest who cannot connect to the wi-fi.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Stayed one night at resort which is 10 minutes from I-75. Beautiful lake front acomodations which are totally dog friendly (no fee for first dog). Even ate breakfast on veranda with our dog. Only drawback is noies from Friday/Saturday night outdoor concerts. Food is terrific.

Room Tip: Stay in villas for more space and privacy but pick one away from concert venue.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank awaywegoFlorida

I'm glad you and your pet enjoyed staying with us! There is quite a lot of space for pets to enjoy, and many people who do not wish to be near Cypress Grill request a room in Villas 5, 6, 7, or 8.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cordele
Best Western Colonial Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Cordele
Best Western Plus Windsor Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cordele North
Ramada Cordele
Ramada Cordele
#3 of 16 in Cordele
Baymont Inn & Suites Cordele

Been to Lake Blackshear Resort and Golf Club? Share your experiences!