“Can't go wrong”

The Cove At Lake Blackshear
Ranked #16 of 54 Restaurants in Cordele
Cuisines: American
Description: This family restaurant opened up in May 2010 and has the best subs and pizzas that I have ever had in my life. The local couple that own and operate it are very friendly and accommodating! Try it!!! It's the best place to eat in Cordele or at Lake Blackshear!!!
Cordele, Georgia
“Can't go wrong”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I live on the lake so The Cove is very convenient. Even if it were a bit of a drive, dining there would be worth it. Emily is a great hostess, Chris knows his way around the kitchen, the beer is always cold, and there's a patio to enjoy when the weather is pleasant. Is everything on the menu perfect? No. But, very few restaurants could truthfully make that claim. Their Blondie pizza is one of my favorites as are the nachos (a massive pile of food), the buffalo chicken salad (always cold, crunchy lettuce), and the breadsticks . . . which are really a yummy cheese pizza served with marinara sauce. My husband often gets the grouper basket or the Loco Burrito which comes with a checklist for the customer to select what they want in it. It would be hard not to find something to suit your taste on the menu. If you want casual dining at reasonable prices The Cove is the place to go.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Debbie P

Thomasville, Georgia
“So convenient - So good!”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

The cove has some outstanding pizza - the Supreme is fantastic. I'm not so crazy about the sandwiches - the few I've had sounded much better on the menu that they actually were. However, ordered two large supremes last night to have with friends watching the Georgia football game. Pizza was much better than the game!! Is a convenient place for weekenders at Lake Blackshear to enjoy some really great pizza and not have to travel far to get it. All staff have been friendly and helpful even when we have been there with children and a large crowd.

• Visited October 2012
Cordele, Georgia
“GREAT PIZZA! GREAT SERVICE!”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

After hearing how good the food was at The Cove, I HAD to try it! I live in the area, and will definitely be back. The Supreme pizza and the Chicken Ranch pizza are wonderful. I enjoyed the personable service and atmosphere! I'm ordering supper from there tonight!
Keep up the good work!

• Visited April 2012
Martinsburg, WV
“Fun for family and friends”
Reviewed February 5, 2012

Casual fun place for a great pizza and drinks. I'd recommend the nachos also. Look forward to returning to try more on the menu. Even though the restaurant was full you could hear the people across the table from you. There is also a pleasant patio for outside seating under the tall Georgia pines.

• Visited February 2012
Americus, Georgia
“Terrible service...Mediocre Food”
Reviewed August 21, 2011

We decided to give The Cove a try the other night. They weren't busy. It took 20 minutes for anyone to take our drink order, even though we were seated right beside the bar. The waitress who finally did take our order was not friendly or personable at all. Never even smiled. It took another 40 minutes for all of our food to come out. The kids pizza came way ahead of ours. We took our food to go because by then, the toddler had lost all interest in being distracted and just wanted to destroy the restaurant. Maybe when you are able to eat your pizza hot, it is delicious. By the time we got home, our pizza was cold and tasted awful! We spent $45 on crappy pizza and crappy service. We will not be going there again. I was also disappointed in the menu selection. They didn't offer a lot of choices of pizza for a pizza restaurant.

• Visited August 2011