“Maint needed”

Hampton Inn Conyers
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Conyers
“Maint needed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

Very clean room and friendly check in. But room needed maintenance. Toilet ran all night. A/C unit rattled and vibrated. Hampton inns are usually very consistent in their quality. This one ranks below standard.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Bob R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Dunn, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

I travel weekly to Conyers, GA for my job. I have stayed at other hotels but none compare to the service and staff at this Hampton Inn. I travel from North Carolina and am always greeted with a warm welcome from the front desk staff after my long drive. Upon entering my room I find my HHonors treats waiting and my room temperature set to my liking. The beds are brand new and I sleep like a baby. My room is always spotless. This hotel excels in the little details. Ive noticed they treat all of their guest like family and the entire staff is friendly and smiling. They just upgraded their fitness room and have all new equipment. They added free weights which is a real plus. Their new meeting room is beautiful and a real asset for business meetings. The breakfast is always great, the cookies in the afternoon are a real treat and I especially enjoy sharing my day with the friendly staff when I get back in after a hard day's work. Miss Susan and Miss Tamika have a very professional staff.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

Upon check-in, I was given a hard time, because the reservation was in my name, and our Hilton Honors card was in my husband's name (even though I had the card in my hand, and my husband was parking our car). There were no cookies in the lobby - a favorite Hanpton treat for my kids - after checking several times over a few hours, I finally asked the desk attendant if there were any more. He grumbled about how quickly the guests were eating them and grumpily ambled off to get more. I asked both men working the desk if the AAA rate I booked was the liweat available. Neither would check for me. We are assigned to room 217. My 3 asthmatic kids must walk through the smoking end of the hall to get to our non-smoking room. The hotel reeks of cigar smoke when you enter. The hall carpets are worn and FILTHY with black grime. The door stop has been pulled off of our wall leaving expised drywall, the mini-fridge doesn't chill, and it smells foul when opened - never mind that the rail to the side shelf is broken, so bottles of water cannot be stored upright. It is very difficult to get in and out of the parking lot on Dogwood due to heavy traffic. If possible, find another place to stay. This should be classified as a motel - not a hotel!

***Side note - after we complained to Hilton Honors, a small token was left under our door for amends. The manager of the property just left a friendly message on my cell to follow up, and I plan on returning her call tomorrow. I do sincerely appreciate the follow up.***

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Colombo, Sri Lanka
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

its a nice property a little old, but the rooms are very nice and the beds are very comfortable. breakfast is not very good but its a hampton inn, what can youe expect!! you have a lot of food and other shops around. we called and checked in around 10 pm at night everything was quick and a great place for a short stay

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
LAURENS COUNTY, GA.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

I loved their beds and pillows. The rooms were a nice size. I enjoyed having a refrigerator. It's positioning left a little to be desire. It was hard to turn left, but you could go right and turn into a parking lot and go around until you got to a light. People were nice too.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Greenville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

this hotel may not be brand new, but it is still a pretty basic hamptpn

the staff here have great attitudes,....
..... at check in, which was 130 am for us, jason greeted me with a smile, very fast check in and asked if we would like a water (hilton honors)..after i told him that would be great after a 8 hr drive he gave my family snacks as well. not much to some people but to me this was great b/c i had meds to take that require me to have a snack, so it solved my problem
.....the next morning we were greeted with smiles and checked on frequently by the lady attending breakfast

the room was clean, as was the bathroom, and all areas of the hotel we used

room is cooled/heated by unit under window instead of thermostat....but efficient

breakfast was pretty normal; cereals, pastries, oatmeal, waffles, boiled eggs, fruit, juices, milk ..hot plate with sausage, biscuits, gravy and eggs

would reccomend this hotel and stay here again if in the area

Room Tip: our room was on interstate side on 3rd floor and we didnt hear noise unless we listened for it, so...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Hilliard, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2012

We stayed here recently to attend a 2 day Parelli event at the Horse Park. I originally made a reservation for one night and then about a month later learned we could make it up on the Friday night so I called to add another night. I was told that we might have to change rooms because a king room wasn't available on the first night. We arrived late (9:30 p.m.) and we were pleasantly surprised that we did get the king room and so we didn't have to change rooms on our second night. The room was very clean and we slept very well. The only drawback was if you didn't run the fan setting on the AC/Heater you would hear road noise.

This hotel is very convenient to everything you could think of (restaurants, shopping, etc.) and was about 5 miles from the Georgia International Horse Park (straight down the main highway in front of the hotel). The breakfast was very good and they did switch the meat selection from day to day. The hotel was fully booked when we were there but things seemed to go smoothly. The dining area was a little small but they are working on enlarging the area. The front desk staff were very nice morning and evening. We would definitely stay again if in the area.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Conyers
La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Conyers
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Atlanta - Conyers
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson
Courtyard Atlanta Conyers
Hampton Inn Covington
Hampton Inn Covington
#1 of 9 in Covington
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Conyers Atlanta Area

Been to Hampton Inn Conyers? Share your experiences!