“Wonderful Property!”

Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Conyers
Dacula
“Wonderful Property!”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I have been staying at the Hawthorn Suites in Conyers for well over 10 years. I travel to Conyers at least 3 times a year, and stay for two weeks each time. The Hawthorn is definately my hotel of choice! The staff is beyond friendly & helpful and, although previous managements have fallen short in some service areas, the current management takes great pains to make consistent, positive improvements. I was there just a few weeks back and each room has now been outfitted with new, flat screen televisions. New beds and other furniture make the stay quite comfortable as well. The restaurant and bar is in full swing and all of the meals I have had there are delicious. I could stay anywhere, but I make the choice to stay at the Hawthorn!

Room Tip: I always enjoy a room with a balcony if one is available!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Conyers, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear Valued Guest, thank you so much for your kind words.

We sincerely strive daily to deliver excellent service and seeing that you have been a loyal customer for years encourages that the right changes are being done and propels us to continue striving for excellent service in all aspects.

Thanks for believing in Hawthorn, Conyers.

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Tuskegee, Alabama, United States
Reviewed July 9, 2012

ive had an awesome stay at hawthorn suites..the employees have all been very helpful. One in particular is management Rahim giving me the best service and answers to all questions...i thank him and evryone else....i would defiantly recommend this as a safe and relaxing invironment for friends and family..keep up the great work...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Elijahniceboy23
Georgia, United States
Reviewed July 4, 2012

My house was ruin by a thunderstorm and my insurance agent booked my stay online. They were booked the first night so I stayed at the LaQunita which does not offer a full kitchen, but a small fridge and microwave. The next 5 days, I was supposed to stay at the Hawthorn Suites to better accomodate my cooking needs. They said that they don't really validate online booking and that the insurance agent should've called to make sure of the availability. I tried to get early check-in to place my groceries from my house in a refrigerator, but they said that was not an option. Keep in mind, it was about 100+degrees in July and there was no way they would've survived in the heat in my car. I even asked if I could place them in a room that had been checked out or a staff fridge, but they refused. The manager, Dion, was rude and fake and spoke under her breath. I sat in the lobby crying for hours with a trash bag of groceries in the tile floor to keep them cool until they would check me in at 3:01. As I waited, other customer complaints were made to the front desk worker. One of the guests dishwasher did not work, so he handed her a sponge and soap. Another guest complained of the outside patio being dirty and he handed her a broom. Another guest complained of a dirty bathroom and they informed housekeeping. And another guest complained about her room not being ready in time and that the previous worker offered her a free night, but the current worker would not validate that request. Once in the room, it did not even have the full kitchen as requested by my agent, but yet had the same accommodations that were offered from LaQunita except it was a full size fridge instead of a knee high one. When I complained to the front desk worker about the poor customer service, Dion interrupted by stepping out of her office and yelled at him to come in there. The workers seem miserable to work for her and almost walk on egg shells around the entire building. As it turns out, my 5 night stay turned into a one night stay. Not only did they say I did not have a room because they were booked, but I also called my agent to place me back at the LaQuinta Inn and Suites where I stayed the previous night.

I would avoid this hotel until management changes. The LaQuinta is located right down the road and has had wonderful service. I will be continuing my stay until I am able to find suitable longterm living arrangement as my house undergoes renovations from the storm. By the way, both do allow pets, which, in this situation was a must!

Room Tip: Make sure you call to check availability of the room and that the room you book really does have ALL...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank JCand2dogs
, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Conyers, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I deeply apologize that your experience was less than great and accommodating. And because of it I would love to offer you a complimentary stay and cash gift card - please call the hotel direct to process. It was brought to our attention that your reservation however, was not in our system at the time of check in and we were sold out the night prior as you mentioned above; so regrettably we consequently could not honor your request at that desired time as rooms were not available. We reverence all of our guest and know that you have a choice in staying at any hotel, so we don't take you choosing us lightly. I did personally speak with your agency the same day at the time of the situation and explained in detail what happened and they apologized and was understanding as well.

Once again, I deeply apologize and wish I could take the experience away. Best regards,
Management.

Travelers are raving about these Conyers hotels

Newport News, Virginia
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful,after viewing rooms and distance from downtown ,Atlanta decided to look for another closer location. Rooms were out dated,and missing televison in bedroom area. Located in remote, off the driven path.

Room Tip: Visit rooms once renovations are completed.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
truthmakesyoufree, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Conyers, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feed back as we value you as our customer. We are currently involved in mutiple property projects over the next few months that is and will enhance our hotel further in guest rooms as well as public space. I trust and hope that you will give us another opportunity to "wow" your stay with our latest new and improved changes.

Thank you again, kindly for allowing us to be your hotel of choice during your recent stay and call us direct when you renturn at 770-761-9155.

Dionne Ford & Mac Ammanamanchi - Management
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I stayed at this hotel with a wedding group and although the property was not very modern or at times clean (I.e the elevator, water stains, mildew smells in random places) we enjoyed ourselves for one reason alone. The staff. From the front desk agents, to the morning cooks, to the best bartender ever to mix a quality martini, we were almost sad to go. The food at the bar and bistro was surprisingly very tasty and Rita delivered the best service i ever experienced while keeping all entertained with such grace and pizazz. When you come across such talent, one must sing praises! Thank you all for making our stay eventful.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Mac A, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Conyers, responded to this review, May 28, 2012
While being glad that you stayed with us, we also thank you for taking some precious time of yours to say a few good words about us.

We just acquired this property a few months ago and are constantly making improvements to every inch of the hotel.

We are so delighted to know that our team members provided a great service during your stay and they will be happy to know your feedback.

We would greatly appreciate if you can let your friends and family know about us and would definitely like to host you and them next time you are in this area.

Please call me if you need any additional assistance to make your next stay a more memorable one.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

OK room and services (a bit limited because of Sunday evening arrival) but if you are planning to eat dinner, do it in Conyers before you arrive (or bring some groceries.) It is a long drive to town!
The Bistro/lounge was closed because it was Sunday.

It was very quiet!"

Monday breakfast was better than some I have had on this trip. Nothing fancy, but nicely cooked.

Needs some repairs to lights and a newer TV, floor seemed uneven. Internet connection was fast at times, then dead slow.

Needs more signage - coming from the East I totally missed the entrance!

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Domitype
Mac A, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Conyers, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
Hello:
While thanking you for staying with us, we also are glad that you tok some time to let us know your thoughts about our Hotel.

We love our Guests and like their feedback as it helps us in fine tuning our hospitality exactly according to their preferences.

Our company recently acquired this property and is renovating the hotel and replacing all the TVs and other features that contribute a lot for our guests' comforts. Since the new TVs are customized for Hotels, it is taking some extra time, but are so confident that we will be able to accomplish our objective very soon.

The internal and external signage is being manufactured as we speak and will be in place soon.

Thanks for enjoying our breakfast and we are so proud of our efforts to start your day in a good way. But ffor the variety, we have to comply with the Hawthorn Brand requirements. However, we will add one or two items to the buffet we offer.

We just started the Bistro+Lounge in the third week of March and are going thru some fine tuning process. we are workinng on some systems that will enable us to keep it open all 7 days for the convenience of our guests.

We sincerely hope that we will make this hotel a Home away from Home and look forward to seeing you soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 6, 2012

I have only been moved twice in my life to write a poor review of a hotel but I really can't stay silent. The water spots on the ceiling, the ripped furniture, the dirty rooms, the chain lock ripped off the door, the staff who seems very unconcerned and to top it off -- the three rooms we tried, each worse than the other, and also the missing TV on the empty TV holder in the bedroom (which goes nicely with the missing chain lock), the burned out lights, the lights that didn't work -- these are a few of the reasons I hope for your sake and the sake of your family you look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Don't go!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank reasonable2012
Mac A, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Conyers, responded to this review, April 22, 2012
Mac Ammanamanchi

We have read your review and are feel so sorry for your experience at our hotel. In the recent past we did not have any guest so disappointed with our hotel or our hospitality.
All of our guests have been served and satisfied with our utmost commitment to making them happy and hospitable.
All of our friendly and experienced team members always make every of our guest come in with hope and leave with happiness.
We have initiated all measures needed to make sure our hotel is a home away from home for you and everyone and have removed team members from our hotel who don't measure up to our guest's satisfaction.
We sincerely hope and expect that you will come back to Conyers and stay at our hotel and feel the difference.
Please feel free to contact me at your convenience to discuss details about your previous visit and what we can do to make your next stay at our hotel a memorable one.