“Best Front Desk Staff Ever”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Conyers
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Conyers
Mobile, Alabama
“Best Front Desk Staff Ever”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We visit family 4 or 5 times a year and always stay at the Conyers La Quinta. The Front Desk Staff is always so welcoming and pleasant that its like family greeting you. The Bright Side Breakfast is always exactly what we need to start the day. We wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We traveled to GA with our dogs for a show at the nearby horse park and stayed here for the duration. There was some momentary confusion at the desk which was cleared up quickly and with no drama. The hotel was clean and well appointed with a very helpful staff who immediately attended to us when the need arose. Our room was spacious with an ac which was so powerful, we had some trouble settling on a comfortable temperature. The staff is very friendly and yet not intrusive. The grounds around the hotel are small but neat with ample shaded parking. Our dogs were treated as welcome guests and we only had to police someone else's mess once. There is an area set aside for airing the dogs with a waste station, equipped with baggies should one forget one. The breakfast was simple but had enough choices for nearly anyone. We would happily stay here again any time. We have been very happy with the La Quinta brand during our travels.

Room Tip: We were worried to hear our room was right off the elevator but it was actually kitty-cornered to it...
1 Thank Seleya8
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed April 25, 2013

The front desk staff is very friendly and helpful. I had to change the type of room I needed when I arrived and they were accomodating. However the room was a bit of a lemon. 612 is on the smoking floor, though they claimed it was not a smoking room, it had a faint odor. The AC never got very cold, despite being set on 65 -the coldest it would go. We were still sweating at night. The sink had issues. The room is slightly worn.

It was the only double bed room that had a micro and fridge though. The fridge is only that - no freezer compartment. To get my blue ice to freeze I had to turn the fridge as cold as possible and put the blue ice next to the cooling at the back of the fridge, which did sort of work.

However when I brought any problems to the staff attention they tried to fix. And when they could not, we were offered to switch rooms, but since we were settled and had so much stuff, instead we were given a free night. Good customer service.

Housekeeping staff - the day I checked in there was a supervisor checking on two women cleaning rooms, so I was encouraged. But they would never fully restock everything in the room each day. One day I was missing the part that holds the single serve coffee filters, had lots of coffee but no way to make it, another day no cups, another day no new shampoo. Nothing major but just annoying.

Breakfast is good, waffle makers, muffins, toast, bagels, hard boiled eggs, a pre made cheese omlet in a package in the fridge, yogurt, mixed fruit, cereals. Lots of tables and room to make and eat breakfast.

I never used the pool area or exercise room.

For dog owners, not much grass to walk your dogs on. I would walk down the street behind the cracker barrell and brewsters ice cream to in front of the u haul rental place.

The hotel is off a side street near the intersection with I-20 Getting there the first night was crazy as people blocked many of the intersections when the lights turned red. This was on a Saturday afternoon. But amazingly I had no problems during the week, coming or going from the hotel side street. The hotel is right behind the Outback and Cracker barrell. So easy to walk to dinner, and get desert at Brewsters ice cream :)

Room Tip: The 6th floor is the smoking floor - so avoid if you don't smoke.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed for 2 days in April at La Quinta Conyers while attending the Masters. The hotel was clean, quiet, a great value (especially compared to anything close to Augusta), the staff were extremely friendly and helpful and the free breakfast was superb. It was easy to get to - being right off I-20. A great hotel for the money.

I left my phone charger in my room - and only realized it when I got back to Canada. I phoned La Quinta, who found the charger and, at their expense, mailed it back to me. That's what I call going above and beyond - and why I will always stay the Conyers La Quinta when i am in the area.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Kentucky
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This hotel is perfect and affordable if you are looking for a place to stay for The Masters Golf Tournament in Augusta. It is almost two hours away but it worked for us. Kecomit, Sydney and all the employees we encountered made you feel welcomed. The nice 5AM breakfast to accomodate golf viewers was appreciated!
Our stay would have been perfect if the pool had been open (it was 84 degrees) and if they were not out of hand lotion!

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I'll definitely stay here again. Had a king room included refrigerator and microwave. Room was clean and decent. The staff was very friendly and courteous. Furthermore breakfast is included which include a nice selection, not gourmet but something that help you start your day if you're a breakfast person.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business